what lens to get with...

shawnxstl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
the sony a200?

I plan on doing landscapes and fast action sports (motocross and soccer).
I know nothing about this...help please!

Here is what I would do ... do not have Sony so can only give you the numbers to look for in a lens.

For landscape ... something with small mm like 10-24mm or 16-35mm ... these examples are Canon, you need to find something similar on Sony side

For sports/actions (daughter running around) ... I would go with something like 70-200 with "low" f-number. Like 70-200 f/2.8 or 70-200 f/4. You may need longer - do not know how close you can get in motocross.

Here is search on Amazon for "Sony lens" ... find one you want and shop around. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=sony+lens

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the same camera!

Hopefully, you got the body with a kit lens. It should work fine for all those things. Although, my satisfaction is declining with it everyday. I also have the 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6. I have yet to try with this lens for sports, but the kit lens works fine with bowling.

For landscapes, you could use a wide angle lens. I'm thinking about a 28mm f/2.8. For sports, Sony (and other companies) have more options. There is a quite expensive option, but it has a very nice range and a very goo f number. It's the Sony G70-200mm f/2.8. $2000 if you have the money.......

A couple of members know more about Sony on the forums than I do, HappyHour, eravedesigns, and shorty6049. Ask them.

the sony a200?

I plan on doing landscapes and fast action sports (motocross and soccer).
I know nothing about this...help please!

Holy Crap... I was going to ask the same exact question... There is something to be said for sports and landscapes...

Perhaps for wide angle (landscape) shots:
Sigma 10-20mm for Sony

For sports shots you will need to pay a good amount of $ if you want good low light performance, good zoom range, and fast focusing. You could just find a cheapo 70-300mm lens with decent performance, but its focusing quickness and low-light performance won't be spectacular. If you don't have much money to spend you should try this:
Tamron 70-300mm for Sony Here are some reviews --> Link

For landscape you may get one old Minolta Maxxum, I bought a Minolta AF 24mm F 2.8 at 73 bucks here in Mexico, I'm sure you'll probably find the same lens at least at that price.

For sports, they're more expensive, it will be sooooo cool to have a 70-200mm G series F 2.8.

Most reactions

Back