What's new

what lense to use to shoot motocross

Jesus christ will you guys give it a rest already? Did you understand that he was talking about a LENS for his DSLR? Okay, good. It seems like everyone got that idea the first time around.

Okay on to the second point of the post: Do you guys realize that you are making a fuss about someone adding an "E" onto the end of the word? That's all it is. Lense.

Neat, we are all on the same page. Everyone knows how to read, and everyone knew what he was talking about. Problem solved! I guess the pointless whining and dictionary website citing can stop now.
 
Jesus christ will you guys give it a rest already? Did you understand that he was talking about a LENS for his DSLR? Okay, good. It seems like everyone got that idea the first time around.

Okay on to the second point of the post: Do you guys realize that you are making a fuss about someone adding an "E" onto the end of the word? That's all it is. Lense.

Neat, we are all on the same page. Everyone knows how to read, and everyone knew what he was talking about. Problem solved! I guess the pointless whining and dictionary website citing can stop now.

Ifgh wea keap buchrng thea Nglush lainquidge, thin wur weel itgh nd?

The gh's are silent by the weigh.
 
C'mon folks, the proper spelling is lens.

Let's get back to something purposeful like the Canon vs. Nikon debates.
 
I shoot MX most weekends and 90% of the time have my 28-70 mounted. You can get much closer to the action at MX tracks rather than roadracing and I rarely use my 70-200 shooting off road.

DSC00329.jpg

Man! I didn't know you could check tire pressure whilst riding.

That would have been a great shot if you were closer! You should think about getting a longer lens.

I have a 70-200 but I rarely use it at the MX track, I do use it at Mid-Ohio for the road races but when I'm shooting at the MX track I'm standing right on the lip of the tranny. This particular sequence of photo's I was just starting to walk down the side of the jump and I heard the guy roll off the throttle so I knew what was going to happen and shot it very quickly.
This is the first impact and it's easy enough to crop and zoom if I wanted a tighter shot.
DSC00327.jpg
 
I shoot MX most weekends and 90% of the time have my 28-70 mounted. You can get much closer to the action at MX tracks rather than roadracing and I rarely use my 70-200 shooting off road.

DSC00329.jpg

Man! I didn't know you could check tire pressure whilst riding.

That would have been a great shot if you were closer! You should think about getting a longer lens.

I have a 70-200 but I rarely use it at the MX track, I do use it at Mid-Ohio for the road races but when I'm shooting at the MX track I'm standing right on the lip of the tranny. This particular sequence of photo's I was just starting to walk down the side of the jump and I heard the guy roll off the throttle so I knew what was going to happen and shot it very quickly.
This is the first impact and it's easy enough to crop and zoom if I wanted a tighter shot.
DSC00327.jpg

I was just messing with you. :D

The shadow on the second bounce (first pict you posted) looked too far to the side of the track for where the bike was. First thought was a real windy day but the cloud didn't look "blown" if you know what I mean. Then I realized he must have cased before that first shot you posted was taken.

This first bounce looks much clearer and is the better shot IMO. :thumbup:
 
Thanks for all the info. I am really looking for something better than the kit lens but i can not afford to get in to the high end stuff right now.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom