what photo paper?

mommyof4qteez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I order all my prints through whcc and was curious which photo paper everyone else is using? I have always went with lustre paper & coating, but not sure i'm 100% pleased with it...

Most labs will be happy to send you samples if you ask them. But it still isn't expensive to just order a few 8x10s with different finishes and see for yourself.

Personally, I think that different types will suit different images. Other things to consider are how & where the photo is meant to be displayed.

The paper and print finish I chose to recommend to a client depended on the type of print I was recommending be made.

So it ranged anywhere from the traditional c-print papers with a matte finish, to a c-print on high sheen metallic paper, to canvas, to a Giclée print done on rag or bamboo, to a print done on acrylic or metal.

KmH said:
The paper and print finish I chose to recommend to a client depended on the type of print I was recommending be made.

So it ranged anywhere from the traditional c-print papers with a matte finish, to a c-print on high sheen metallic paper, to canvas, to a Giclée print done on rag or bamboo, to a print done on acrylic or metal.

What do you use the rag paper for? Fine art prints?

That, +.

Image content has a lot to do with it, as does where and how it is displayed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back