Ok, I know I'm thread jacking here, but I'm in the same situation as you. I want to get my 580 EX II off of my camera. I saw a thread the other day here that someone put a link to B & H that had a really affordable lightstand, umbrella, and the holder for the umbrella for about $50 total. I just need some way to trigger the flash. I like the cost of the cactus V4's, but am wondering if this is all I would need to start off. Simply the stand, umbrella, umbrella adapter, and a cactus V4 transmitter and reciever?? Is there something else that I'm missing? I know I have a lot to learn about lighting, but until I get the darn flash off my camera and experiment, I'm getting no where. I don't want to spend a bunch of money right now because I just want to try it out for a while (and I'm really trying to save for that full frame sensor which is why I don't want to spend my meager savings on lighting yet). I just want to get started...and as cheaply as possible. This set up almost sounds too good to be true though...I must be missing something (special batteries or something??) Thanks and I hope this wasn't off topic here just hate to keep starting new threads on the same subject.