What really annoys me about shop assistants...

Meysha. I have forgotten where you live. But we have found the best computer store is some place I have forgotten the name of...

hmmm....

Oh right (had to google it) its called Umart.

umart.com.au They have stores at Milton, Eight Mile Plains and Southport.

Pretty good prices. You can have it sent or you can go in and pick it up...

Xmetal - LOL... I get the same sort of questions. But I tell you what...

DIGITAL not DIG-IT-ALL

and FILM not FILUM.

And when you ask for the filum to be developed - don't look at me funny when I ask you if you want prints. Developed doesn't mean getting prints - it means getting the film developed... no prints. AND YES - PEOPLE GET THEM DEVELOPED ONLY.

And don't come in and say "I want to buy a memory card" but don't bring your camera and don't know what camera you have...

And then ask "and how much will this one hold?" How the hell should I know when you don't know how many megapixels (or megapixies as you like to call them) your camera is.

On that note - a Megapixel refers to the quality of the photo. So don't ask me how many megabytes it has and then look shocked when I say 16!

Ok. Vent over...

Some customers are stupid. But yeah - agreed that some shop assistants are too...

Oh. I love the ones who expect you to stock every single accessory for every single camera. (Let me just go open a warehouse - you are shopping at KMART)

fadingaway1986 said:
Xmetal - LOL... I get the same sort of questions. But I tell you what...

DIGITAL not DIG-IT-ALL

and FILM not FILUM.

And when you ask for the filum to be developed - don't look at me funny when I ask you if you want prints. Developed doesn't mean getting prints - it means getting the film developed... no prints. AND YES - PEOPLE GET THEM DEVELOPED ONLY.

And don't come in and say "I want to buy a memory card" but don't bring your camera and don't know what camera you have...

And then ask "and how much will this one hold?" How the hell should I know when you don't know how many megapixels (or megapixies as you like to call them) your camera is.

On that note - a Megapixel refers to the quality of the photo. So don't ask me how many megabytes it has and then look shocked when I say 16!

Ok. Vent over...

Some customers are stupid. But yeah - agreed that some shop assistants are too...

Oh. I love the ones who expect you to stock every single accessory for every single camera. (Let me just go open a warehouse - you are shopping at KMART)

Don't forget the old "I want a cap for my lens"

ok what size do you need?

"its a nikon"

ok.... whats lens do you have?

"the one that come with it"

right....

lostprophet and "Will this battery fit my camera?"

"What sort of camera do you have?"

It's a canon...

aha...

I am also still trying to get over the customer who told me she had a 300D but didn't know what sort of memory cards it took. WHY GET ONE if you don't even know what memory cards it has?

and then theres the customers that say you deliberately made their film blank... I had one say that I was rude to her when I served her - and she thought I had purposely made the film blank...

and the classic ....

someone walks in with a £10 point n shoot 35mm compact and says
"can I buy a film for this and can you put it in please as I'm not a professional"

makes me laugh everytime

another funny thing to do is when selling a film shake the packet and say "opps the colours might be mixed up now" and see how many people ask for another one :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol yes - the people who can't load their film...

grrr

and someone on here said they dropped the film and said "oh well that one will be out of focus now" and no one would buy it. Forget who said that though...

And the people who think their film is ruined if it doesnt go back in the cannister... hehehehe...

I had a lady come in worried because she couldn't find the black cannister it came in so had to take another film out of its cannister to put the exposed one in it. I said it didn't matter.. and at the end she says "I'll have that back so I can put the other one in it"...

lol...

Also had a guy come in (I work at Kmart, similar to WalMart) looking for slide film the other day - we sell consumer films ONLY... and he seemed quite ****ed off when I said we don't sell it and says "WELL WHERE DO I GET IT FROM THEN?"...

I always say to those kinds of things "Maybe try a photography store"...

When Canon launched the EOS 3 all those years ago I went on a training day with them and the guy was explaning multiple exposures and that you can set 9 shots on one frame and then this guy from a shop says "thats really good cos I can go on holiday and only take 1 film and take 324 shots on one roll of film"

The guy from Canon and the rest of us was crying with laughter for about 20 minutes :lol:

LOL some people just don't get it.

those are the kind of people that I just look blankly at.

Like the girl and her mother came in and looked at a SLR film camera...

and they asked if it had automatic zoom. I said no - you move the lens to zoom...

and she gets ****ty and says "I THOUGHT IT WAS ALL AUTOMATIC"... Ummmm... How does it know where you want it to zoom?

Needless to say - she didn't buy it.

if any of you want to wind up someone in a camera shop just do the following

go into a camera shop and start to look at the tripods and set them up ( about 5 or 6 ) around yourself and start shouting "help help im stuck"

lostprophet said:
When Canon launched the EOS 3 all those years ago I went on a training day with them and the guy was explaning multiple exposures and that you can set 9 shots on one frame and then this guy from a shop says "thats really good cos I can go on holiday and only take 1 film and take 324 shots on one roll of film"

The guy from Canon and the rest of us was crying with laughter for about 20 minutes :lol:

f*ck that is GOLD!!! :lmao: :biglaugh:

lostprophet said:
and the classic ....

someone walks in with a £10 point n shoot 35mm compact and says
"can I buy a film for this and can you put it in please as I'm not a professional"

makes me laugh everytime

I hate those people with a passion! :lol: I have nothing better to do with my day than load your film for you, you lazy, incompetent bastard! :mrgreen: Although it is fun paging a "camera expert" up to the counter to be sure that the film is loaded properly as "the girls" at the store where I work aren't even allowed to look at a camera the wrong way!:lol::lol::lol:

HAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

Can I just say that I have never laughed so much in a thread. :lol:

Even my workmates who don't know the foggiest about photography find this stuff funny!

lostprophet said:
another funny thing to do is when selling a film shake the packet and say "opps the colours might be mixed up now" and see how many people ask for another one :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahah that makes me want to quit my ****ty job and get a job somewhere that sells film, just so i can see the look on peoples faces..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back