What second FX body would you buy ?

I did just that, and got a D600 to accompany my D800. Paid peanuts for the D600. Sent it to Nikon for the free shutter replacement. Done! Boom!
Button layoff is slightly different but not something that bothers me in any way. Never even thought about it.
Do you work in an extremely fast paste environment situations like event photography ?
If not then I agree but I need a camera that has same button layout, not close but as close as possible.
If not I might have opted for a nicely used D800, maybe a used D810

I have a Nikon D610 and D80, but I would love to have the Nikon DF. Or two of them... :)

I have a Nikon D610 and D80, but I would love to have the Nikon DF. Or two of them... :)
The DF isn't really an option for me but thanks for sharing :)

D600 and d750. Are slightly different. Enough to drive me nuts sometimes. They even moved the INFO button.
IMG_8344.JPG

Last edited:
I try as much as I can to use the centre point AFS but its not always possible and not always fast enough for what I need, to be honest I doubt even the amazing D500 will be able to give me the 100% lightning focus lock speed in all conditions I want/need but a better success rate will mean more valuable moment pictures which is so important for event photographer.
The D500 probably would. The AF system is unbelievably good, but the layout would not match up. I understand how the different layouts sucks between cameras and that was why I ultimately got the D300 for a backup and upgraded my 300 F4 to the 300 F2.8. Its unfortuanate because you can get D4 for around 2k used now and that would be a great body for you, but the controls are different and you would end up wanting 2 pro bodies. So with all that said, I think another D750 would be your best option. Maybe you can catch a refurb sale at 1400 if it pops up again..

I did just that, and got a D600 to accompany my D800. Paid peanuts for the D600. Sent it to Nikon for the free shutter replacement. Done! Boom!
Button layoff is slightly different but not something that bothers me in any way. Never even thought about it.
Do you work in an extremely fast paste environment situations like event photography ?
If not then I agree but I need a camera that has same button layout, not close but as close as possible.

I do at times. It hasn't been an issue for me. But, that's me. If you would flow better with two of a kind, then you should go that route. I completely understand.

I do at times. It hasn't been an issue for me. But, that's me. If you would flow better with two of a kind, then you should go that route. I completely understand.
@shadowlands why do you disagree with my post?

What? Simply posting my take on the subject.

Interesting thread!

@shadowlands You marked my post as disagree.. It has a red x under with your name. Just wondering what you disagree with?

@shadowlands You marked my post as disagree.. It has a red x under with your name. Just wondering what you disagree with?
Your punctuation maybe?

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

I suspect that it was an accidental check

My GF and I both have a D810 and D700 each. We borrow as necessary based on level of the client. Why do you feel you need an Fx? The D610 felt a bit like a lame duck of a camera. If you must, get another D750 if you can wait, get the replacement.

She's likely getting the D500 next and I'm semiseriously pondering a switch to Fujifilm. Sony is attractive if they can get their ergonomics in order.

But I'm probably trapped into Nikon so that we can maximize usage of our cameras. So I'm running a parallel system of a D810 for work and mft or 1" for vacations.

Last edited:
@coastalconn doesn't the d500 buttons light up?
If I recall I really liked that feature since doing night photography I can't see the buttons without my lights which messes me up mostly

Most reactions

New Topics

Back