What's new

What should I get next?

BRIANxJDM

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 30, 2010
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Next week is my last week of school and my parents are going to give me $500 because of my 3.75 and I want to know what should I get next? Should I get a new lens or a sb600?
 
Do you find youself wishing you had a flash alot? Once you get a flash, you will learn to use it and love it. Same with a lens. It depends on your needs and your budget. If your budget is $500, you could get a half decent lens. What do you like to shoot? We need a little more information to make a judgment..and in the end, its a personal choice..

Mark
 
how many of these threads are you going to start?

I will revert back to my original suggestion, get some hands on classes. New gear is not going to improve your photography skills.





p!nK
 
I havent seen any of the other threads, but I have to disagree. You dont need classes. Toll this board. Thats what Ive done and I think Ive done fairly well without classes. Look at the threads I have started. Classes help, but you really dont need them. Just research research research and shoot as much as you can. The best way to learn is trial and error. Do what you like. New equipment doesnt improve your skills, I will agree with that..but it doesnt hurt (:. Just make sure you know exactly what youre talking about before you buy anything. It makes your life so much easier if you dont have that period of regret once you buy something and dont use it for six months.

Mark
 
Here's my $.02.

Once you try to get creative, you're going to be limited more by your slow lens than the light you're working with. You can get an OK flash for cheap. I paid $120 for my SB600.

Think about getting the AF-S 35mm 1.8 or the AF-S 50mm 1.4. The 35 should cost around $200 and the 50 can be had for under $500 new. They may be consumer lenses, but they're fast. They allow for nice DoF flexibility.
 
how many of these threads are you going to start?

As many as he wants an answer to. would be my best guess... unless we introduce rationing and censorship....???
Actually, TPF has a rule prohibiting posting the same question in multiple forum sections.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/faq.php

* Spamming is not tolerated. Do not cross-post messages in multiple forums in an effort to gain attention. Furthermore, should it be obvious by your signature or posting style that you are here only to promote your business or product, you may receive a warning or possibly be banned. It is permissible for active, involved members to post links to their personal or business web sites.


 
I'm just trying to get a straight answer, not just people suggesting me to take classes. I like to take car meets and Car photoshoot, but right now I really want a wide angle lens to do photoshoot for cars.
 
Next week is my last week of school and my parents are going to give me $500 because of my 3.75 and I want to know what should I get next? Should I get a new lens or a sb600?

I'm just trying to get a straight answer, not just people suggesting me to take classes. I like to take car meets and Car photoshoot, but right now I really want a wide angle lens to do photoshoot for cars.
No one give you a straight answer when you ask such a broad question,
Should I get a new lens....?

New lens for what?

And then, after complaining you're not getting a straight answer you finally say,
......I really want a wide angle lens to do photoshoot for cars.

Your online communication skills are not very good (C-).

At any rate, now that we finally have the information we need to give you a straight answer I say get the lens because just one light won't do a car.

However since you will have $500 to play with you could get 3 of these:
Vivitar | 285HV Flash | 233965 | B&H Photo Video

This kit:
Impact | Air Cushioned Three Light Stand Kit with Case | LS-3K

3 of these:
Interfit | STR117 Umbrella Bracket with Hot Shoe Adapter

3 of these:
Impact | 60" Convertible Umbrella | UBBW60 | B&H Photo Video

and only have to chip in $75 or so plus shipping.
 
Hi, how is everyone? I am looking to get an attachment T Mount lens for my Nikon D70. I will be taking photographs of surfers in Costa Rica, and also some nature photography. I was looking at the 500mm lens and also the 650-1300 (a few companies). I already have a 300 regular zoom lens for my camera.

Any suggestions?!

Thanks!
 
Hi, how is everyone? I am looking to get an attachment T Mount lens for my Nikon D70. I will be taking photographs of surfers in Costa Rica, and also some nature photography. I was looking at the 500mm lens and also the 650-1300 (a few companies). I already have a 300 regular zoom lens for my camera.

Any suggestions?!

Thanks!


You may want to start your own thread. ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom