What should i shoot!!

DAMgoodimages

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I don't know what to take pictures of anymore .. Before I took pictures of everything. Now I am trying to find cool things to take pictures of. Should I do that or take pictures of everything I want too or see??

If you can't think of anything sell your gear, or do what i do try and make something out of something ordinary

Paper
Image00005-L.jpg

Flower
IMG6459b-w-L.jpg

Set up a flash off camera near a table. Place something on the table (something with texture or detail.. plastic army man, robotic toy... a pair of glasses, etc...). Leaving the flash where it is.. move around the table and shoot the object every 30 degrees or so. Then examine the shots.. look how the shadows are, and how light placement affected the detail. You can learn a lot from this one exercise. Then change the angle of the light.. and do it again.

Set up a flash off camera near a table. Place something on the table (something with texture or detail.. plastic army man, robotic toy... a pair of glasses, etc...). Leaving the flash where it is.. move around the table and shoot the object every 30 degrees or so. Then examine the shots.. look how the shadows are, and how light placement affected the detail. You can learn a lot from this one exercise. Then change the angle of the light.. and do it again.

Yes, very good answer. With winter upon us, trying things indoors is a good idea. Not only you can use a flash and learn how to use it off camera (a small investment if you don't have a flash yet) but you can also lean to use reflectors and diffusers. Also, try and shoot that offer a challenge such as glass, jewelry (with clear stones such as diamonds), etc. Have fun.

That too is a good answer.

And gsgary's shots are a great lesson in being creative with simple things that are around you. There is so much to learn from such exercises if you do it seriously. Beautiful shots, btw, gsgary.

Or you can try what I will be doing the week between Xmas and New Year when my studio is closed. I'll be shooting a comic book story (scriptwriting/planning ahead/page layout/etc) which involves Barbies (cheap props from thrift stores) caught in unsavory situations (the fun.)

Remember that photography should be fun or you won't stick with it. But it should also be good or no one will be interested in your work. But you can have a lot of fun while learning. :)

Yes, very good answer. With winter upon us, trying things indoors is a good idea. Not only you can use a flash and learn how to use it off camera (a small investment if you don't have a flash yet) but you can also lean to use reflectors and diffusers. Also, try and shoot that offer a challenge such as glass, jewelry (with clear stones such as diamonds), etc. Have fun.

That too is a good answer.

And gsgary's shots are a great lesson in being creative with simple things that are around you. There is so much to learn from such exercises if you do it seriously. Beautiful shots, btw, gsgary.

Or you can try what I will be doing the week between Xmas and New Year when my studio is closed. I'll be shooting a comic book story (scriptwriting/planning ahead/page layout/etc) which involves Barbies (cheap props from thrift stores) caught in unsavory situations (the fun.)

Remember that photography should be fun or you won't stick with it. But it should also be good or no one will be interested in your work. But you can have a lot of fun while learning. :)

Cheers, one of the main reasons i got some studio light is because i was fed up of going to work in the dark and getting home when it was dark, the only trouble now is i have stuff everywhere

Thank you to everyone who commented I will try those!! I won't sell my gear because I love photography to much!! I will start taking pictures everyday of everything but make it look better... I have soft boxes I am gonna start using in my room

hot women? just a thought.

I'll be shooting a comic book story (scriptwriting/planning ahead/page layout/etc) which involves Barbies (cheap props from thrift stores) caught in unsavory situations (the fun.)

Those shots.. I wanna see!!!!!!! :)

I'll be shooting a comic book story (scriptwriting/planning ahead/page layout/etc) which involves Barbies (cheap props from thrift stores) caught in unsavory situations (the fun.)

Those shots.. I wanna see!!!!!!! :)

Believe me I wanna see them in print too. If, that is, they turn out the way I hope. But it may be a while because the publisher is going to want to clear all the hurdles before it goes to print. Barbie is very well protected and so are politicians, and I'm going after both of those. :)

Try to make your own by using it but changing it so people dot know what it is

If you can't think of anything sell your gear, or do what i do try and make something out of something ordinary

Paper
Image00005-L.jpg

Flower
IMG6459b-w-L.jpg
Dang! I really like those pictures

Most reactions

Back