What's new

What should My rates be?

Thanx for the advice OVERREAD and I am actually going to hold onto that little thread you included, that is VERY informative. I am also new to posting about these things so that information will go a long way for me. Thanks!
 
For some reason my shots always look bad when I upload them to facebook, try Flickr.
 
Actually that is an important point - facebook is not the best place for a photographer, the terms and conditions of the site have some nasty wording in them that means they (facebook) can commercially use your images without your say so. They claim that this is something that they do not and will not do however it would not be in their TC if it was not something they had in mind.

Flickr is far far safter and better in terms of its terms and conditions as well as in its overall layout and features. Image quality should be about the same however many people do not sharpen images after resizing for the internet (or they let the uploading site do the resizing automatically). However only flickr does resizing images well (infact it does it very well) most of the others will soften the images as they resize.
 
Can you post some of your sample work?!
 
Actually that is an important point - facebook is not the best place for a photographer, the terms and conditions of the site have some nasty wording in them that means they (facebook) can commercially use your images without your say so. They claim that this is something that they do not and will not do however it would not be in their TC if it was not something they had in mind.

Flickr is far far safter and better in terms of its terms and conditions as well as in its overall layout and features. Image quality should be about the same however many people do not sharpen images after resizing for the internet (or they let the uploading site do the resizing automatically). However only flickr does resizing images well (infact it does it very well) most of the others will soften the images as they resize.

I hadnt tought about that, thanks for letting me know. In the end facebook just makes your photo less good tho.
 
My portfolio is more about showcasing the skills I may possess than amazing work. I bought my first camera not even two years ago so I don't have much work as of yet.

2 years is a good amount of time to learn how to shoot great photos, specially if you are going to school for it.:confused:


Also with that portfolio, it is not a professional portfolio, it is just so showcase what I can do at this point. I am not looking to start my career right now.

If you are not looking to start a career right now, then why would you be charging for work that is not professional? You do not have to be a pro and career photographer to provide quality images.

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, DONT CHARGE A THING...YOU ARE NOT READY FOR IT.
 
Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. I bought my first SLR camera almost two years ago. My first couple of years in classes I was using just a point and shoot camera and a canon k2 and only used automatic functions because I didn't know any better. I'm not looking to charge a **** load, but I am forking out money like crazy for travel and other expenses, theres nothing wrong with asking for a little bit. I do believe that some of my photo's are good quality and good enough to sell and I stand by that! If you don't believe that they are, state the photo and why
 
Let's put the onus on you, and post up 3 photos you want critiqued on. Cuz, you know, that's how this place works. Finished images. Images you want to sell. You've only been asked to do so, what, three times?
 
The Jew in jeweler makes me laugh.

Hes right tho.

-Post photos directly here instead of making us go to your facebook.
-Use Flickr

Its hard to critique when we have to go to another page.

I like the photo with the racers, girls and champagne bursts. (this one was easy to identify as its the only one like that, but you have lots of photos of cars. What if I told you : the photo with the racing car is ''enter critique here''.
 
Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. I bought my first SLR camera almost two years ago.

It was pretty clear.

Lets see your top 3 photos, that will help.
 
I would but like I said I am new to posting on here so I really don't know how to post photo's on this.
 
It doesn't have anywhere where I can add attachments like it is shown on that thread.
 
Which one are you using? I use photobucket, click upload image, save, click image, then below it, highlight and copy the IMG link, and put it in a reply here.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom