What speed of film do you use the most?

What speed of film do you use the most?

• Total voters
What ISO ? .... This has to be a "before" & "after " reply.

Before I retired it was Velvia 100, & Delta 100 & for colour prints Kodak 400.

After my retirement the darkroom was also retired, now all of my work goes onto CD for safe storage & I use Kodak Max 400.

I like to shoot 400. It's pretty much all I ever use. I've developed my techniue (is that what it is?) around 400. Since my cam is on me all the time and I almost always shoot handheld AND considering I'm usually out and about during the night (like some evil entity) then I gotta go 400 to be ever ready.

For me, it has the best balance between day and night. I have also learnt to embrace the grain.

Regards,
cHUCk in Melbourne
EMBRACE GRAIN :!:

i shoot with 400 because I shoot inside, or other low light places most of the time. But I must say I had a picture that I printed at about 24x32.

wow, you could smell the grain it was so bad. I loved it. it gave it nice raw texture. It really helped the over all look of the picture.

but most of the time, grain is not good. most of the time i print 5x7... i dont have $$$ to be printin 8x10 all day :)

The old school says: "the slowest possible." (has to do with grain) I liked Panatomic X B&W film at iso 29 or 25. Can't remember the exact # anymore. Getting old!!

Chuck

...wooo hooo, Westone - i love this guy!

:)

e_

EDIT: I'm not really a speed queen - usually matching film types to the job at hand

However, a personal choice for my own stuff would be Kodak T-Max 400 (B&W) ... often pushed to 1600 for added contrast, but care needs be taken with exposure not to lose shadow detail

I always use 400 for my b&w. I am not sure why. I think I was raised on it, so it's what I know. And I personally love grain. So I guess that's all ok. I should get myself some 3200 and see the damage I can do...

I think my color film for snapshots n crap is 200, because that's what came in the mail and they keep sending me more! :lol:

Most reactions

Back