What to buy?

am.r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I currently take pictures of used cars for a local dealership. I use a cheap point and shoot. I feel I take pretty good shots with it just by shooting at the right time of day and paying attention.

With that said I am looking to gain a lot more knowledge about photography. It's something I can make a living off now but i'd like to get into it as a hobby too.

I'm looking to upgrade the camera for work and to use personally. I want to make sure that my needs are covered for my job. Here is what I am looking for.

- Outdoor photography
- Wide angel lens (mostly of the dashboard of cars, possibly buildings, row of cars)
- Video (Youtube videos, videos to email to customers)

Right now my job is photographing cars but I think I can expand my abilities into real estate which I feel my needs would be similar.

I want something beyond the basics that I can learn with. Probably in the $500-$800 range.

I have been looking into a DSLR but I also read that the Sony Mark iii makes a great camera before jumping into a DSLR. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what DSLR and/or if I should even be considering the Mark iii?

The SonyRX100 III is an excellent compact. Other choises are the Panasonic LX100 or FZ1000.(This last one is
a versatile bridge with the same sensor as the RX100 III).
Rudi

You can't go wrong with any modern DSLR or mirrorles intercangeable lens camera (ILC) on the market. They all allow you to take HQ images and nikon, canon, sony etc produce many wich are in your budget. I recomend ILC because who knows what focal range you will need in the future.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back