katies

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there!

I have a client who wants to book a maternity shoot in the middle of January. I live in Canada, and as you know, we get lots of snow and it's brutally cold outside. So, outdoor pictures are out of question.

I have a little studio at home, but very very tiny. I turned my spare bedroom into a mini studio but it really only fits babies and children. So studio is out of question.

We were thinking of renting an old factory downtown. I contacted the factory and they rent out studio space for $75.00 plus tax.

My question is, would I have to cover that cost myself, or would the client cover the rental fee?

I am only charging $165 for the maternity shoot (with makeup application) and I think that already is VERY low for what she will be getting. I am just staring out, so my prices are fairly low.

Any tips or opinions are welcome :)

Thank you!

The client pays, whether you bill her directly or incorporate it into your pricing structure, the client pays. If you've already given her a firm price for the shoot, then call her and explain that there will be a slight additional charge ($100) for the use of the studio. FWIW, you're apparently living in the wrong part of the country. I frequently do out-door shoots in December, January and February with no issue! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back