What to charge?

angle of view

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently graduated w/ a degree in Photographic Technology, and although the program was an awesome learning experience, it lacked in the business expects of the art. I'm trying to kick start my own photo business. I'm marketing to doing a variety of work, but concentrating primarily in architectural work. Upon getting a job, I'm unsure what to charge for a day rate, capture, etc... Any suggestions on some general guidelines I can follow would be very much appreciated!

Welcome to the forum.

I'd suggest finding out what other photographers in your area are charging. That should give you a good starting point.

Welcome to the forum.

I'd suggest finding out what other photographers in your area are charging. That should give you a good starting point.

Agreed, but before you do that, figure out what you need to charge. Someone posted this handy calculator: http://www.nppa.org/professional_development/business_practices/cdb/cdbcalc.cfm here a while ago, and while it's usefulness is limited, it's a good reminder of the things you need to take into account when figuring out how much you need to charge in order to keep food on the table and new lenses in the gadget bag.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back