What To Do With A Hungry Baby? May be NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was she cute? :D

Any bets on how much longer before this thread is closed? lol

Ballistics said:
No, but you used the "it hasn't been around forever" argument which is completely irrelevant. No, ignorant is not the right word. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge or being uninformed. Explain to me how ALL people who disagree with it are ignorant?

Formula hasn't been around for very long and bathrooms have been around longer thank you. It's ignorant because people think formula is just as good if not better then breastfeeding which is completely wrong. It's also ignorant because it seems like only in the US is it looked down upon. The minimum recommended time to breastfeed your child in the US is 6 months. 1 year is preferred by the pediatrician. Most other countries recommend at least 2 years. The benefits of breastfeeding far outweigh the benefits of formula feeding.

How is it trashy exactly? That's what confuses me. You don't have to look do you? I'm sure the women doesn't want you staring at her anyways. Heaven forbid you might see a little skin - you won't see a nipple so what's a big deal. Low cut shirts probably show just as much if not more skin.

Love it how people discriminate against women who choose to breastfeed their children. And discriminate is the right word - you wouldn't notice/nor find it trashy if someone was bottle feeding their child but it's trashy to feed your child naturally.

Ballistics said:
No, but you used the "it hasn't been around forever" argument which is completely irrelevant. No, ignorant is not the right word. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge or being uninformed. Explain to me how ALL people who disagree with it are ignorant?

Formula hasn't been around for very long and bathrooms have been around longer thank you. It's ignorant because people think formula is just as good if not better then breastfeeding which is completely wrong. It's also ignorant because it seems like only in the US is it looked down upon. The minimum recommended time to breastfeed your child in the US is 6 months. 1 year is preferred by the pediatrician. Most other countries recommend at least 2 years. The benefits of breastfeeding far outweigh the benefits of formula feeding.

How is it trashy exactly? That's what confuses me. You don't have to look do you? I'm sure the women doesn't want you staring at her anyways. Heaven forbid you might see a little skin - you won't see a nipple so what's a big deal. Low cut shirts probably show just as much if not more skin.

Love it how people discriminate against women who choose to breastfeed their children. And discriminate is the right word - you wouldn't notice/nor find it trashy if someone was bottle feeding their child but it's trashy to feed your child naturally.

I don't know how any of these arguments you bring up help you, because all of the same things could be said for other inappropriate acts. Watching some adults eating can be pretty unappealing. Plus the woman has the possibility of exposing herself to people who do not wish to see it. Just because it's natural does not mean it's appropriate.

PapaMatt said:
It is not to be funny, and yes it is natural and beautiful, maybe in the USA people are up tight about life but I assure you in the UK we are more open minded do not think it is anything less that beautiful and loving.

I have no issues, Do You?

Yeah US has an issue with it for some reason. I've never heard of any other country who regards breastfeeding like the US does.

It's not that we have a problem, it's just that most women in the US are pretty conservative about their body in public, as in a very small percentage of the population does not have a problem with their breasts, or another woman's breast being unclothed in a place where it is societally (not a word?) inappropriate. So when a woman takes out a breast and then doesn't acknowledge that...well....her boob is just out there it seems weird. It's just a culture societal thing.

I personally find it funny when a woman flops out her sweaty boob and latches the kid onto it and acts like she doesn't have one of her breasts hanging in the breeze. *boob hanging out* "So, you're grocery shopping huh?"

I mean, why can't I wear assless chaps? Aren't glutes natural (and mine are particularly beautiful so it falls into the category of "acceptable" ;))

Just because y'all English over there don't mind letting it all hang out does not make y'all any more enlightened. :)

Honestly, this photo looks like a snapshot from one of those "People of Walmart" emails. I don't understand why you took this photo from an artistic perspective.

Last edited:
If a photo can be judged by the scale of viewer's reaction this shot would be a winner.

I do have to ask, why are some viewers so sensitive. What if it was meant to be humoprous, so what? Lighten up a bit damn it. :)

Darn spelling, I meant HUMOROUS not HUMOPEROUS.

And don't take me wrong, I love breast feeding! ;)

I am pretty amazed that the lady is doing that right there in what appears to be a checkout line. Not away from the crowd, not on a bench somewhere, just a roaming milk machine.

No idea how formula got brought into this, unless it's just a grasp for some sort of justification. I know that formula isn't the only thing that one can put into a bottle (pump, and put in a chill pack).

This is for sure a people of walmart shot.

I am pretty amazed that the lady is doing that right there in what appears to be a checkout line. Not away from the crowd, not on a bench somewhere, just a roaming milk machine.

No idea how formula got brought into this, unless it's just a grasp for some sort of justification. I know that formula isn't the only thing that one can put into a bottle (pump, and put in a chill pack).

This is for sure a people of walmart shot.

This is actually a great point.

People of Walmart, lmfao, yes I thought so as soon as I saw the image.

This is in one of the galleries.
It needs some CC.

I find the focus a tad soft.
Open up the aperature a bit to really blur out that background and for that matter, perhaps a differnet background would have helpped.
For a nice portrait she could have been looking over her shoulder, turned a bit more to us. For that loving mother look, the baby too could have been looking up while mom looked down.
A nice key light behind her would have made some separation from the store in the back too. Crop a little closer and fix her wrinkled shirt.

Other than that it's spot on!

Oh and I'm all for this. It's natural and if a woman wants to feed her baby, go for it.
Some women keep a blanket with them to be covered up but heck, if it's just too warm for a blanket, don't bother!

Is anyone else offended that Keith added the NSFW to the title, implying that stuff like this has no place in a business environment?

:lmao: :lol: :lmao:

Just kidding, Keith. I know that's not what you were saying, and why you had to do it.

Honestly, this photo looks like a snapshot from one of those "People of Walmart" emails. I don't understand why you took this photo from an artistic perspective.

This was exactly, nearly word for word what I was gonna say.

And add, "why the voyeuristic view from behind?" using your phones camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back