What To Do With A Hungry Baby? May be NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
rexbobcat said:
It's not that we have a problem, it's just that most women in the US are pretty conservative about their body in public, as in a very small percentage of the population does not have a problem with their breasts, or another woman's breast being unclothed in a place where it is societally (not a word?) inappropriate. So when a woman takes out a breast and then doesn't acknowledge that...well....her boob is just out there it seems weird. It's just a culture societal thing.

I personally find it funny when a woman flops out her sweaty boob and latches the kid onto it and acts like she doesn't have one of her breasts hanging in the breeze. *boob hanging out* "So, you're grocery shopping huh?"

I mean, why can't I wear assless chaps? Aren't glutes natural (and mine are particularly beautiful so it falls into the category of "acceptable" ;))

Just because y'all English over there don't mind letting it all hang out does not make y'all any more enlightened. :)

Honestly, this photo looks like a snapshot from one of those "People of Walmart" emails. I don't understand why you took this photo from an artistic perspective.

Most women don't just flop their tit out for everyone to see. Most women are discreet about it. Yeah maybe the woman in the picture wasn't discrete. And it's not inappropriate - It's just small-minded people who think so.

And since when are US women conservative? Have you seen the fashion styles in the US. Where have you been hiding? Women's boobs practically pop out of every shirt they wear - bet you guys don't have a problem with that though.

Maybe you can't wear assless chaps but you can walk around with no shirt on. And not everyone wants to look at wimpy little boys or huge fat guys with boobs bigger then most women but it's OK and appropriate.

Honestly, this photo looks like a snapshot from one of those "People of Walmart" emails. I don't understand why you took this photo from an artistic perspective.

This was exactly, nearly word for word what I was gonna say.

+1 - sometimes I'm amazed what gets interest around here. That said the photo isn't getting much attention, just the topic on breastfeeding in public in general. Lets remember its a photo forum we should be talking about the PHOTO not the subject matter ;)

Ballistics said:
I don't know how any of these arguments you bring up help you, because all of the same things could be said for other inappropriate acts. Watching some adults eating can be pretty unappealing. Plus the woman has the possibility of exposing herself to people who do not wish to see it. Just because it's natural does not mean it's appropriate.

If you do not wish to see it then don't look. Simple as that right.

Watching some people people eat is unappealing - is it trashy and inappropriate as well? Then once again don't watch them.

It's actually really simple - if you don't like it then don't look because other than that you can't do anything about it.

MTVision said:
If you do not wish to see it then don't look. Simple as that right.

Watching some people people eat is unappealing - is it trashy and inappropriate as well? Then once again don't watch them.

It's actually really simple - if you don't like it then don't look because other than that you can't do anything about it.

DING DING DING.Ok everybody back to your corners. MTV you're a tough lil cookie, going out there swinging left and right now breath :). I want a nice clean fight...let's get it on!! DING! DING!

Let's see....nursing a child...completely understanding the purpose, is in the same category as defacating in a bucket in public. This might be a classic theory.

Last time I checked, and just for fun, I check right before I hit the submit button....There are, as a matter of fact, Federal laws that pertain to the right to breastfeed in public and there are NO laws, in these United States, that provide for the right to public urination and defacation. Even if its in a PAIL.

Holy Cow.

Let's see....nursing a child...completely understanding the purpose, is in the same category as defacating in a bucket in public. This might be a classic theory.

Last time I checked, and just for fun, I check right before I hit the submit button....There are, as a matter of fact, Federal laws that pertain to the right to breastfeed in public and there are NO laws, in these United States, that provide for the right to public urination and defacation. Even if its in a PAIL.

Holy Cow.

I love how it's always my posts that you focus on, but not the actual points made lol. You are the best lmao.
You did see where the context of the urination came from right? I wasn't comparing the 2 situations for what they were. Stop cherry picking, woman.

I'd also love to see this federal law that pertains to the right for public breastfeeding. I always anticipate the gibberish and made up nonsense in your posts.

Ballistics said:
I love how it's always my posts that you focus on, but not the actual points made lol. You are the best lmao.
You did see where the context of the urination came from right? I wasn't comparing the 2 situations for what they were. Stop cherry picking, woman.

I'd also love to see this federal law that pertains to the right for public breastfeeding. I always anticipate the gibberish and made up nonsense in your posts.

http://m.ncsl.org/issues-research/health/breastfeeding-state-laws.aspx

http://www.drmomma.org/2010/05/united-states-breastfeeding-laws.html?m=1

I don't know about any other federal laws regarding breastfeedjng except that you can breastfeed on federal property

rexbobcat said:
It's not that we have a problem, it's just that most women in the US are pretty conservative about their body in public, as in a very small percentage of the population does not have a problem with their breasts, or another woman's breast being unclothed in a place where it is societally (not a word?) inappropriate. So when a woman takes out a breast and then doesn't acknowledge that...well....her boob is just out there it seems weird. It's just a culture societal thing.

I personally find it funny when a woman flops out her sweaty boob and latches the kid onto it and acts like she doesn't have one of her breasts hanging in the breeze. *boob hanging out* "So, you're grocery shopping huh?"

I mean, why can't I wear assless chaps? Aren't glutes natural (and mine are particularly beautiful so it falls into the category of "acceptable" ;))

Just because y'all English over there don't mind letting it all hang out does not make y'all any more enlightened. :)

Most women don't just flop their tit out for everyone to see. Most women are discreet about it. Yeah maybe the woman in the picture wasn't discrete. And it's not inappropriate - It's just small-minded people who think so.

And since when are US women conservative? Have you seen the fashion styles in the US. Where have you been hiding? Women's boobs practically pop out of every shirt they wear - bet you guys don't have a problem with that though.

Maybe you can't wear assless chaps but you can walk around with no shirt on. And not everyone wants to look at wimpy little boys or huge fat guys with boobs bigger then most women but it's OK and appropriate.

So you're not small minded, by these statements? The fact that you, or anyone else, can't understand the points made by others against your opinion and you automatically condemning them as small-minded, would make you, small minded.

Ballistics said:

Breastfeeding State Laws

peaceful parenting: United States' Breastfeeding Laws

I don't know about any other federal laws regarding breastfeedjng except that you can breastfeed on federal property

These are state laws. Not federal.

Workplace Support in Federal Law
Section 4207 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (also known as Health Care Reform), amended the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), or federal wage and hour law. The amendment requires employers to provide reasonable break time and a private, non-bathroom place for nursing mothers to express breast milk during the workday, for one year after the child’s birth. The new requirements became effective when the Affordable Care Act was signed into law on March 23, 2010. Download the text of Section 4207 only.

Ballistics said:

In case you didn't read what I wrote I'll repeat it - "I don't know of any other federal laws except that you are allowed to breastfeed on federal property"

Which was Also in the first link I posted

Well, because you don't like, agree or know of them, the Federal Laws do indeed exist....read up on them and learn.

Ballistics said:

In case you didn't read what I wrote I'll repeat it - "I don't know of any other federal laws except that you are allowed to breastfeed on federal property"

Which was Also in the first link I posted

I read what you wrote - You said any other federal laws below your links leading me to believe that the links you provided contained federal laws.

Well, because you don't like, agree or know of them, the Federal Laws do indeed exist....read up on them and learn.

So if there are federal laws allowing women to breast feed in public, how can there be areas of the country that have banned public breast feeding?

Ballistics said:
So you're not small minded, by these statements? The fact that you, or anyone else, can't understand the points made by others against your opinion and you automatically condemning them as small-minded, would make you, small minded.

That makes absolutely no sense. I understand all the points other people have made and I already gave an answer - if you don't like it or approve of it then don't look at it. It's not illegal to breastfeed in public (in most if not all states) so there isn't much you can do about it besides ignoring it. Right?

Just because you don't approve of or like something doesn't make it wrong. It's your opinion and you're welcome to it.

Yup. This is why we can't get along as a people. My rights, my rights, my rights! Never compromise! Never meet in the middle! You don't like it, don't look!

:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back