What to do with figs??

The tree actually bombs us randomly lol we spend a lot of time in the room so once in a while one will splat bomb lol

Well I'm giving the preserves a go today, they are ripening on the tree fast!

Trying out a super simple recipe this time so I can taste it and see if how I want to play with spices etc :) Hopefully this is the start of something good!

$image-3140585224.jpg

Almost done....

$image-538778844.jpg

i worked on a fig farm once. they are great fresh off the tree but I never liked the looks of the ones I've seen in the grocery store.

i like the trading idea... we were a bit late with the garden this year, but it looks like we will have an abundance of cucumbers soon and maybe tomatoes. In the near future we're going to have a lot of eggs. Variety would be nice though, and especially if someone had some bacon to with the eggs!

Hey Steve :) I had never given figs much thought until we bought this place, there are 3 12ish ft tall fig trees in one of the sunrooms, they are definitely delicious right off the tree! I just have way too much at one time lol

Our garden went in 2 weeks late this year too, on the upside we missed a random frost that killed a lot of what people had planted and they had to start over.

Our cucumbers came up late, I had just about given up on them but they are flowering like mad now! Between that and the corn that is well over 6ft now we are going to have tons of pickles and corn for the winter :). I also like the idea of sharing, we have a field of garlic and could trade that till the cows came home lol!

Most reactions

Back