What to take to an outdoor community event!

Add 1 photo vest or belt system ( like the Think Tank personally), dump the 50 and take a 300 or 400 f2.8 on the pod. Your going to get noticed so you might as well take a lens that will let you get shots from a nice distance. :mrgreen:
It was to hot for a vest :madass: and I wanted the 50 for shooting the food (ummm, food). Besides, the 50 is nothing, size or weight wise. :thumbup:

I took the monopod mainly to put a speedlight on, so a BBQ team member could hold the light directly above the food for the food shots, or when I wanted a light up high. ;)

200 mm was plenty! :lol:

Have you tried a mesh vest? Nice for hot weather.

I would never take a 50 to shoot the food at a barbecue or anywhere for real food shoots. Stupidest Idea I have ever heard of in my life...........................................Well at least for me it would be a stupid idea. It would get me within EATING RANGE of the barbecue which means I would be out of shooting range cause if I have a choice of eating or shooting my cameras don't have to be weather sealed, just barbecue sauce sealed. :D :lol: :mrgreen: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:!!!

Have you tried a mesh vest? Nice for hot weather.

It would get me within EATING RANGE of the barbecue which means I would be out of shooting range cause if I have a choice of eating or shooting my cameras don't have to be weather sealed, just barbecue sauce sealed. :D :lol: :mrgreen: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:!!!
I had to be close enough to arrange (cough, sample, cough) each food shot. I was stuffed (burp) by the end of the night. :thumbup::D

I have a Humvee with a mesh back, but not all mesh. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back