What type of photography do you do?

45mphK9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As someone fairly new to the Photo Forum, I would like to know what type of photography each of you do. Weddings? Portraits? Landscapes? Art? etc. Do you do on location only? Do you have a studio? Care to share your background? Are you a hobbyist or is this more serious for you?

Just share what you'd like for anyone to know. Thanks!

As someone fairly new to the Photo Forum, I would like to know what type of photography each of you do. Weddings? Portraits? Landscapes? Art? etc. Do you do on location only? Do you have a studio? Care to share your background? Are you a hobbyist or is this more serious for you?

How about you sharing your background and photography type to start this off with.

I am a hobbyist and pretty new to this. Trying to learn to mostly photograph buildings/architecture and landscapes as I plan on doing a lot of travelling in the next couple of years and want to be able to take great pictures all around the world instead of crappy p&s photos. That's why I got into photography anyway, but now I just like it and try to photograph anythign I see beauty in.

I'm mainly into automotive photography, but also enjoy doing landscapes and portrait work.

Floral work, Abstract, Portraits, and some odd lighting stuff. I haven't posted pictures for C&C in a long time though.

Mostly photojournalism (newspaper internship) right now, but I'll do whatever people will pay me to do (events, weddings, headshots, etc)

For fun I like to do candid/decisive moment shooting and travel photography.

people. i wont go so far as to say portrait because that sounds disciplined and professional :D
i like to take pictures of people and edit the hell out of them.

...and anything else i guess...
im not big into nature landscape.

Like SrBiscuit, I'm a people person. Wanting to get into some more serious work though, like shooting models and doing a little fashion-type shooting too. If nature ore a beautiful vista is before me though, I'll shoot that too.

The wifey and I love to shoot pratically anything =). But mainly people- lifestyle, portraits, events and weddings is what we cover. We don't have formal studio, for portraits we play it by ear and see what the clients may have for props and see if we can get creative that way. We always shoot based on the client's choice of location for the most part.

thanks for asking. What's your approach? =)

camz
http://simplydashy.blogspot.com

I do anything but weddings! Mainly babies, kids & families for a couple of pennies here and there. (Sure beats a desk job though). I also enjoy doing animals & nature shots. I'm a former videographer that got burned out, took a few years off & decided I like still cameras better. Lighting is proving to be the biggest challenge. I'm in the process of setting up a home studio. Just when I decide which lighting set up I'm going with, then I read something else . . . and start all over with the pros & cons.

That's me in a nutshell.

How about you sharing your background and photography type to start this off with.

Etiquette dictates that you ask about others before telling about yourself. I don't assume others will find me that fascinating. :lol: However, I guess I should have stated why I want to know this info. I'm just curious to see which photographers I have the most in common. Also, to know someone's "history" gives you a lot of insight into their comments. But since you asked, my info is above . . .

I shoot a little of everything. I do fine art mainly. I love shooting that and plus you don't have to deal with trees whining about the pose you have put them in!!!! j/k lol
But really. I shoot Weddings, Senior pictures. I have shot a couple corporate events. I have done some business photography. I have to say I have done a little of everything. I do what I am commissioned to do I guess. I sell my Fine Art online and to local businesses.
When it comes to my style I have determined that the best word to describe it would be Ethereal. Dreamlike wispy and light....

Thats me!!!!!!!

Depends what I am inspired by.

I do portraits, landscapes, cityscapes, events, candid, sports...I have not yet done any macro but that is more due to lack of a macro lens :)

Mostly family stuff. Originally jumped to DSLR because P&S just wasn't fast enough for shooting toddler indoor.

When not doing family stuff, I am trying birds and insects (macro). My three year old loves seeing giant insects on screen :)

Most reactions

Back