What would you bring?

Ector

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi.

Im goin on a trip to southeast-asia in january and of course i hope to take some pictures. I was just wondering what you would bring on a trip like this. I also want to travel light, as i probably will be doing a bit of hiking.

I have a Nikon D70 with 2 sigma lensens. 28-55 and 55-200.

Im thinking maybe i should get a tamron 28-300 instead? Maybe i should get something like a 14mm that i could shoot with under bad lighting conditions? What do u all think?

How come you don't have a 50mm prime?
14mm sounds good, but that's a bit wide... Still bring it.

For low light and 1.5? crop factor?

A prime of some sort for low light. 50mm works good for portraits and is a big too long.

Something like 24 or 35 mm prime maybe?

U think i would manage with a 24mm and the 55-210mm or would you get a new lens that covers the range of both lenses i have? Or would you just bring all 3?

I'd bring... oh man :D

I'd bring my rebel, 70-200 which is a BEAST, the 18-55 lens and the 50mm prime I have. AND a tripod :D

You decide. It makes no sense IMO to buy a lens which covers the range of both. It's gonna be worse quality and slower.

Get 24mm prime and you'll be swept away by sharpness.

I really dont think i can be bothered to take a tripod with all the carrying that normally takes place on my trips. Tx a lot for you thoughts, appreciate it.

Most reactions

Back