What's new

What ya Think?

AJake

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 26, 2010
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Location
Ohio, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So here are some of my pics that I have taken. I want criticism. Good and Bad. Here they are:

Sick Anole: Just trying to get a good close up.
DSCF1564.jpg



At the Park:
DSCF1484.jpg


DSCF1488.jpg


The Snow: Tried for the dramtic effect but didn't get far.
DSCF1448.jpg


DSCF1512.jpg


DSCF1505.jpg


Eeyore:
DSCF1114.jpg


DSCF0457.jpg


DSCF0462.jpg


Turtle:
2009_01010126-1.jpg


Nikko and Oscar:
DSCF0267.jpg


DSCF0264.jpg


DSCF0272.jpg


I hope I didn't post to many. Oh and these we taken with my Fujifilm Finepix S1500.

Thanks,
Jake
 
Last edited:
PS- I don't know exactly what apertures, shutter speeds, and what not. I am only 16 and VERY new to phtography and really need to get a few good books and guides to read if you guys have ANY suggestions on books, internet articles, or any tis you wanna give I would appreciate it. :)
 
Understanding Exposure By Bryan Peterson. Another good one is Learning to See Creatively by Bryan Peterson. I loved both of these books and they helped me out a ton.
​
 
Thanks Darkhunter. :) Will get those ASAP.
 
Understanding Exposure By Bryan Peterson. Another good one is Learning to See Creatively by Bryan Peterson. I loved both of these books and they helped me out a ton.​
+1 , those were my first two books. Also, Michael Freeman "The Photographer's Eye", but I read that after a I had been using a DSLR for a while. So not sure if that one should wait. I've personally got in the trap of reading, then not practicing between books enough.
 
That would definitely be something I would do. Is just read read read and than get angry when I tried what I read and it didn't work. ha.
 
I really like the 8th picture (Bird nibbling the rope).

You'll pick up a lot of good info lurking this forum. Basically if you come here knowing nothing, and pay attention for a few weeks you'll really feel like your eyes have been opened.. you'll still get poor results though (at least I do, lol).

Also, if you want more specific comments, post like around 4 of your strongest shots, and number them.

Nice pets btw.
 
And certain people had a problem with my photos? I think you need to lurk a little more before posting. Thanks.
 
^ no need to be rude. I'm new, he asked for some C&C, but we all start somewhere.

Of course his pictures aren't great, but c'mon, the kid is 16 and new. You could add a little something.

Out of all the pictures, #8 is your keeper. Remember, you can shoot hundreds of pics in a day and only 2-3 will be worth keeping. #8 is your one for the post. Good job and keep it up. :)
 
I think it would look better with a more colorful background though. Maybe try a re shoot with a colorful sheet or something behind the bird.

I just thought it could use some added contrast.

What do you think of this?

eeyore1.jpg
 
Wow guys, thanks for all the C&C! Rez, I like the added contrast. I'll keep that in mind and will definitely do a reshoot with a more colorful background.

Thanks again guys.

Jake
 
Your African Grey pics are the best out of the group! Keep it up! That's an awesome bird!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom