Whats a really good lens for portraits on a nikon d90?

That 50 should be the ticket on dx. Shoot some portraits at F2 and see how they look.

Having said that I try to shoot portraits at 150mm to 200mm at F2.8 or f4. I like how they look better than the ones I take with the 85 1.4 at F2. I am shooting on full frame.

When you say ":shoot at f2" i'm assuming you mean later in the afternoon or earlier in the day, correct? I think I might do that and post waht I shot later this week. thanks for your insight.

ewick said:
When you say ":shoot at f2" i'm assuming you mean later in the afternoon or earlier in the day, correct? I think I might do that and post waht I shot later this week. thanks for your insight.

I'm assuming when Mreid said to shoot at f2 he was talking about the aperture. Use the 50mm lens with an aperture of f2.

ewick said:

I'm assuming when Mreid said to shoot at f2 he was talking about the aperture. Use the 50mm lens with an aperture of f2.

thank all of you for your input. one can never stop learning.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back