What's better than roses on a piano?

I'll leave the critiquing to others who are better at it but I will answer your question. The answer is: Tulips on an organ. I have a feeling you already knew the answer.:lol:

Jerry

You are correct, sir! I may even take a couple of these and do a shot exactly to that effect, but for now, just the tulips!

I'm confused.... I don't see a piano or an organ.

Just an old joke. Maybe I'll work on illustrating the joke more fully in a subsequent picture...

For now, suggestions? Like it, hate it?

What's better than roses on a piano?

thinker.gif

High heels?

Guess I missed the joke as well.

Picture #1 is a nice composition that with a crop of some of the dead space on the right side, like just before your watermark, would be just that much stronger of an image.

Picture #2 is a close up or heavy crop of picture #1. While that front petal in pic #1 is easily seen as part of the flower, in the macro the dark green color just doesn't seem like it belongs. Also that orange in the background just seems totally out of place.

O.K. guys for those who don't get the joke it goes like this. What's better than a rose on a piano? Answer: Tulips (two lips) on an organ. Now you get it don't you?;)

Jerry

I got the joke. I still don't see any string musical instruments.

Fire and Nice Crop by RxForB3, on Flickr

Thank you very much for your comments Joel_W. I can see what you mean in the second photo. I hadn't even noticed the orange part until you mentioned it, but now it sticks out to me, too. I do think the crop on the first one looks better. Any other suggestions?

As for the title...the reference was more to the tulip than to the organ or piano. Such literal people here! :)

So overall, keep up the good work, more suggestions, or completely change what I'm doing?

The flower itself is beautiful. I love the rich colors but I feel the red part of it in the first image is a bit too dark. Since your photos are ok to edit I took the liberty of downloading it and making a few adjustments. You can see more detail in the image I edited on both colors plus I cloned out a dark spot on the right side and the perfect circle that is to the top right of the flower. According to PSE9 there were blown highlights at the yellow tips. There is no right or wrong. It's just what one prefers. And if you hate my edit I can accept that.

Jerry

6936382260_f6d869e21c_bcopy.jpg

I do like your edit! How exactly did you adjust the red? It looks like you increased the exposure, but fixed the blown out area? I'm certainly still learning with post processing...

I do like your edit! How exactly did you adjust the red? It looks like you increased the exposure, but fixed the blown out area? I'm certainly still learning with post processing...

I sent you a PM but my image editing is fairly limited also. I know enough to get by but am not deeply into it.

Jerry

Most reactions

New Topics

Back