What's good on tv?

The wife and I are catching up on Doc Martin.

We actually started watching it by accident halfway through the series. It came on directly after another show we were watching. We liked it so much, we decided to go back and start it from the beginning. It definitely helps that it's on Netflix.

What's that about?

What's that about?
It's a comedy/drama about Doctor Martin Ellingham. He was a brilliant and successful surgeon at a prestigious hospital in London, but then he gets a fear of blood. He has to stop practicing as a surgeon, so he becomes a general practitioner in a small village where his aunt lives.

He's frustrated with the locals, and vice versa. He has a serious lack of social skills, and he's pretty much an emotionless grouch.

I feel like one may be tempted to compare it to House, but it's not the same. I prefer Doc Martin to House. But, I did enjoy watching House.

ETA: It's a British show.

The Detectorists

The wife and I are catching up on Doc Martin.

We actually started watching it by accident halfway through the series. It came on directly after another show we were watching. We liked it so much, we decided to go back and start it from the beginning. It definitely helps that it's on Netflix.
I love Dr. Martin inks

Just finished watching The Looming Tower, worth a watch though it does come across as one guy's particular version of events.

Started watching Sucession, it's good but a bit slow. Quite shakesperian in a way, though I do think it would have been better with swords and a few dragons but that my just be my GoT withdrawl.

The Detectorists

I really enjoyed that series, thought it was cracking!

The Detectorists

I really enjoyed that series, thought it was cracking!
The wife and I are catching up on Netflix. They only have the first two seasons, so I guess we’ll have to figure out how to watch season 3. :)

Watched it on Netflix as well. Enjoyed it. But I like the quirky, weird shows. Lol.

Just finished the series, watching all of season 3 online. I had no idea that they weren't making a season 4, but I am happy with how season 3 ended.

Simon and Garfunkel, LOL. That cracked me up for the entire series.

The Americans
Vikings
Animal Kingdom
Orphan Black

Just to name a few.

I am surprised by how many here are critical of television. We live in a golden age for the medium. The quality of the programming and extremely high production values has resulted in some of the best television we have ever seen. A huge reason for this golden age is The Sopranos. That was a game changer. There were others before it (Twin Peaks, etc) but The Sopranos raised the bar to a new level, and in my opinion, is the greatest American television show ever produced. I am a child of the 60's so I know what bad television is....:ambivalence:

Last edited:
YouTube Original: Kobra Kai. A continuation of the Karate Kid. Good stuff!

Most reactions

Back