What's In A Name?

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
SLUGBURGERS - yum, yum gimme some. NOT:azzangel::azzangel::azzangel: Guess callins are advised as it takes awhile to round up the slugs???? :azzangel:Seen in Mississippi last trip.

20180514_113341_001_resized.jpg

What a strange name for a burger place, don`t think I`d visit...lol

We actually found out later it's a regional food thing in this part of the state. They have a slugburger festival every year. It's ground hamburger mixed with ground pork, and soy grits, deep fried in hot oil. Slugburger - Wikipedia making the actual burger a lot more appealing than the name suggests.

Maybe it's spreading because at the market we buy all of our meat yesterday, I noticed they had added ground chuck mixed with ground bacon to their selection.

Weeksburger sounds nicer.

I guess it's better for business to eat something that sounds weird and tastes good than the other way around. LOL

Apparently they think highly of their Slugburgers. The 31st Annual Slugburger Festival is in July. In addition to the carnival atmosphere, they have a "Slugburger eating contest" :azzangel:, a "Miss Slugburger Queen Contest", and a "Slug Idol" contest.

Most reactions

Back