What's In Your Camera Bag?

Which one? :lol:

I just bought a new one that is currently empty. I sort of plan on keeping it empty and using to put stuff from my other bags into as needed so I don't have to take everything with me every time.

It will be my smallest bag yet, and that was the point of buying it.

I have one bag with all of my Canon 35mm stuff, one with all of my Minolta 35mm stuff, one with all of my medium format stuff, and one with all of my lighting stuff. And now an empty one that I can use to take just a body and a lens or two.

Yeah i have a bag for all my Canon 35mm stuff too, an old Lowepro (The waterproof cover is useful) with my T70, body, lens(fitted, or on top in the bag, if its long) + body cap(s), 2 rolls of film and AA batteries. I generally dont change lenses on the go, but may take a small one on the body and lay a tele across the top of the bag if i need it.

Everything is in the truck. When I leave the truck I generally carry one body c/w lens of choice on a cotton carrier, and flash, filters, spare batteries and cards and perhaps second lens in the pockets of a vest.

What bag I'm using is determined by what I'll be shooting. I currently have six bags right now.

But, since you asked "What's in your bag?", that suggests the present.

I'm driving to Ft. Myers tomorrow to shoot a "global meeting" of a medical instrument company. I'll be leaving the Lowepro backpacks and slings here and will, instead, be using my Tamrac CyberPro Express. It currently contains:

Canon 5D w/grip
Canon 40D w/grip
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L
Canon 24-70 f/2.8L
Canon 85mm f/1.8
Canon 580 EX II (two of those)
Canon ST-E2 Transmitter
Canon G12
BP-511 Batteries (eight of those)
CF Cards (eight of them, varying from 4GB to 16GB)
Battery charger for BP-511 (two of those)
Battery charger for NB-7L (G12 battery)
Toshiba laptop
Flash drives (six total)
Notebook
Business cards

I'll also drag a tripod around with me...

I've offloaded a lot of gear recently, but this is what I have as of now.

D7000 and spare battery
Nikon 28-80 (Surprisingly good little lens)
Nikon 80-200 2.8
Nikon 70-300 vr (Which I'm selling)
Yongnuo 560
Cowboy Studio triggers and receivers.

Here's mine:

D5000
Canon P&S
18-55
55-200
small tripod
speedlight
spare batteries
charger
user's manual (yes)
SD wallet
pair of pocket wizards
release cable
IR trigger

My bag:

$DSC_0004 - Version 2.jpg

Canon 60D
Canon 17-40mm f/4 L
Canon 50mm 1.8
Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS
Canon speedlite 430EX with flash diffuser
AA batteries
memory cards
lens hood
charger

soon to be in it: Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS USM, probably won't fit so i'll need a diffrent bag

For trips to the rainforest…
Pro Trekker 600 AW, Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 tripod and ball head, Nikon D300, Nikon D200, Nikon D7000,backup Nikon D7000, MB D11, MB D10, SB 700, 16-35mm f4, 60mm f2.8, 80-400mm f4.5-5.6, 70-300mm f4.5-5.6, 35mm f1.4, 50mm f1.2, 18-105mm f3.5-5.6, Joby tripod, 10 32GB SD cards, 2 64GB SD cards, 2 16GB CF cards, 1 32GB CF card, 16 rechargeable AA batteries, 5 EN-EL3’s, 3 EN-EL15’s, Grad ND filter, several ND filters, several polarizers, 2 UV filters, 2 reflective jogger arm bands, 9 feet of light nylon rope, heavy duty rubber bands (from asparagus bunches) several black and clear trash bags, Swiss army knife, Leatherman multi tool, Surefire flashlight and lithium batteries, matches, butane lighter, 2-6 water bottles, 8 foot by 6 foot plastic tarp, rocket fish blower, micro fiber cloths that are also 18% grey, and backup Canon point and shoot.

Around town…
1960’s leather Nomad camera bag, camera, lenses, filters, microfiber cloths, and blower. Depends on what I’m doing.

Most reactions

Back