No not really, I'm just poken' I am just in the same boat, want lenses and a new body :mrgreen:
I do believe that the colloquialism is pokin'.
I'm hearing penis envy from you wescobts. Allow me to piss you off.
My first entrance to the digital world (I had shot film years before) was a Nikon D80. Now I got this with the kit 18-55mm and also purchased the 55-200mm (variable aperture). While I had the D80, I researched... a lot, and bought (not necessarily in the exact same order) the 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, 35mm f/2, 300mm f/4, 12-24mm DX f/4, 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 plus a 1.7TC.
I thought I was done. Then the D300 came out, bought it because it fit my needs. Also purchased the Nikkor 105 f/2.8 micro. Stick a fork in me because I am well done.
WTF? The D700... OMG. Then comes the 20mm f/2.8 because 1) I like primes and it was wide enough. Add to that 3x SB800 and a SB600, and all that encompasses with accessories.
It's NOT A CHEAP HOBBY by any strecth of the imagination. But if you do your due diligence and research, the results are quite satisfactory.
Just don't blow on someone that hasn't the attention span, but more money than you may have at the moment. I've seen great images from the D70, the Canon g9/10, all sorts.... and General Benson, if you're looking... the Pentax as well. In fact, my first SLR was a Pentax.
wescobts, your post seems a bit juvinile in its attempt. Work with what you have at hand. Phuque the others and their gear.......