What's that NOYZE ?

wescobts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So when does one get a new body ? I am still shooting my D-70 from 2004, it works fine, and the amount of MP's seem to be fine with my style of shooting. Yes I would love the new D-700 but there are WAY too many lenses to get. :mrgreen:

Sounds a bit like sour grapes that someone can spend an exorbitant amount of time and possibly money to fill their gear addiction, whereas the poster is not in a similar situation. Possible gear envy? NOYZE is a bit helter skelter with his purchases, but it is his money and motivations, not mine nor anyone elses.

No not really, I'm just poken' I am just in the same boat, want lenses and a new body :mrgreen:

No not really, I'm just poken' I am just in the same boat, want lenses and a new body :mrgreen:
I do believe that the colloquialism is pokin'.

I'm hearing penis envy from you wescobts. Allow me to piss you off.

My first entrance to the digital world (I had shot film years before) was a Nikon D80. Now I got this with the kit 18-55mm and also purchased the 55-200mm (variable aperture). While I had the D80, I researched... a lot, and bought (not necessarily in the exact same order) the 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, 35mm f/2, 300mm f/4, 12-24mm DX f/4, 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 plus a 1.7TC.

I thought I was done. Then the D300 came out, bought it because it fit my needs. Also purchased the Nikkor 105 f/2.8 micro. Stick a fork in me because I am well done.

WTF? The D700... OMG. Then comes the 20mm f/2.8 because 1) I like primes and it was wide enough. Add to that 3x SB800 and a SB600, and all that encompasses with accessories.

It's NOT A CHEAP HOBBY by any strecth of the imagination. But if you do your due diligence and research, the results are quite satisfactory.

Just don't blow on someone that hasn't the attention span, but more money than you may have at the moment. I've seen great images from the D70, the Canon g9/10, all sorts.... and General Benson, if you're looking... the Pentax as well. In fact, my first SLR was a Pentax.

wescobts, your post seems a bit juvinile in its attempt. Work with what you have at hand. Phuque the others and their gear.......

EDIT: I'm changing this because I didn't realize this post was started simply to flame NOYZE!

Seriously, who cares what the he!! anyone else spends their money on. He worked for it, he can by a Canon if he likes...(lol j/j)

Anyway, what is this post even for? To attack NOYZE cause he now has the sickest DX DSLR out?

Enjoy it NOYZE, and now focus on glass !

What's wrong with Sigma? I've got two awesome copies of lenses that I love shooting with!

Lovin' it!

I swear people got the cereal pissed on this morning - wow!

I know I know, sorry I didn't see the context of the post at first.

I want to upgrade my body too ...

...think I'll head to the gym :)

No problem... I really don't get this thread though, it's like I'm the first person in the world to trade a D90 in or something.

I guess I didn't read the fine print in the rule book :lol:

Oh, I did look into Canon, Sony - Even Pentax, that should make that one Pentax guy happy :lol: (kidding, kidding... kind of). I looked at ALL the options and in the end decided to stay with Nikon.

Better watch your back--that one:lol: Pentax guy is a General!

I thought the decision to buy the D300s was a smart move.

I like to upgrade to a full frame body too .... but ..... I think I will step into the "L" lens club first before I will upgrade to FF body.

For NOYZE, enjoy your camera! :)
You know, life is short, enjoy it while we still can.

I like to upgrade to a full frame body too .... but ..... I think I will step into the "L" lens club first before I will upgrade to FF body.

For NOYZE, enjoy your camera! :)
You know, life is short, enjoy it while we still can.
"too" implies he bought a full frame camera... which he didn't...... keep up man, keep up.

As for the OP... I think you are "in the spotlight" a whole lot as you tend to post all over the forum, and share your new dealings fairly often. So it's like a soap opera, thus drawing input.

My .02

My bad, here all along I thought I was posting in a photography community where we share our experiences, across the board.

Guess I was wrong, it's just a place to ***** and moan about stupid ****.

Yeah that's why I try to avoid discussions or debates around here. I just prefer to stick to critique and posting picture on themed threads and do it for the photography aspect - the politics gets thicker then butter around these parts :lol:. Alot of people talk a good game around here but don't walk it...

Don't worry about it Noyze, just keep trudging along.

No no, you're right on, we do all that here, plus more.

But come on man, you have to know that you've made quite a few posts about your gear, so most likely quite a few people have read them (including your thread about wanting a new body, but wanting new glass at the same time, not too long ago) and recognize your SN.
Then they make their points, or give you crap, or just razz you for fun. I mean if it really bothers you, then maybe you should rethink how much of your life you put on the net.

Don't let it get to you, it's just the interwebz; on top of that this forum isn't configured for the correct display of sarcasm...........

Most reactions

New Topics

Back