What's the best lens for an Olympus OM10?

hopeadelaide

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found and bought an Olympus OM-10 body at a thrift store, and I'm wondering what the best lens for this camera is? I need something pretty general and versatile. They have a 28mm wide angle for a decent price but I don't think I'll have much use for it. I'm thinking about getting a 50mm Zuiko f/1.8. any input or suggestions would be lovely. :)

A 50mm Zuiko would be very nice. There is no "best lens", only the best lens for a particular use or situation. What you plan on photographing determines what lens will work to your particular way of seeing and shooting things.

Indoors, you might like a fast 24mm lens, or maybe a small,compact short telephoto prime; maybe you'd like a 35-70mm zoom from a 3rd party manufacturer.

Older Zuiko lenses are rather low-priced since Oly abandoned their 35mm users by switching lens mounts on them once they came into the digital age. (sound familiar?)

I'd definitely get the Zuiko 50mm 1.8 first. I've used it on an OM 1 and it's beautiful. I love it on my digital olympus too, where it becomes a 100mm. It should be very cheap. I got mine for $12.50 Canadian at a second hand store.

The Zuiko 135mm is nice too, as is the Zuiko 24mm 2.8, and the Zuiko 200mm f4.

Most reactions

Back