Whats the big deal with 50mm lens?

LarryMartin830

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well when i first got my Nikon D40 every one was like get the 50mm lens for your cam its the best bang for the buck!?

Yeah i know i have to use it in Manuel mode to use on my cam but whats the big deal about the 50mm that i can't just use another lens and just set it at 50mm and use Manuel mode.

this is like the 3rd pic i ever took with it just to test it....

And i have the 50mm 1:1.8

for a start its sharper than most kit lenses and its under £100 - so its cheap and sharp for its position.
Further f1.8 is a very wide aperture and that lets you shoot in lower light (of course with a smaller depth of field) without having to use flash or raise your ISO or slow your shutter speed. That is something that a kit lens won't do for you.

Of course the 50mm is not for everyone, but most people find its focal range usable and its wide aperture and sharp results a good boon to have in such a cheap lens.

for a start its sharper than most kit lenses and its under £100 - so its cheap and sharp for its position.
Further f1.8 is a very wide aperture and that lets you shoot in lower light (of course with a smaller depth of field) without having to use flash or raise your ISO or slow your shutter speed. That is something that a kit lens won't do for you.

Of course the 50mm is not for everyone, but most people find its focal range usable and its wide aperture and sharp results a good boon to have in such a cheap lens.

ok i see your point lol I just really need to start using the lens to get used to it

50 1.8

18-55mm 3.5-5.6 kit lens

Most reactions

New Topics

Back