What's the story behind your user name?

My username dates back to when I was getting started on the motorcycle forums, specifically sport bike related forums. At first I used my initials, but later had a friend who was trying to help come up with something "better" that suggested RocketCowboy, and the rest is history.

Since it was sport bike related ... Rocket was for the sport bikes, er crotch rockets I rode, and Cowboy being that I'm from Texas. Over the years it's been shorted to "RC" on some things, but I've stuck with it for my online persona.

Mine is very complex so I'll go slow for the laypersons.

Co: I live in Colorado
Billy: My name is Bill

Anyone need help?

My name is JayaKumar and when I was working in Zonal Office I find this forum.

Old family name dating back to the 1500's. The rough translation means "he who fights battles with sarcasm and wit."

Mine is my name Paul, my middle name and last name initials VG, and MIP standing for Mission Impossible (My favorite movie) :D

I really, really like coffee.

$DSC_2318.jpg

High school nickname that basically became my online username and my football number from highschool.

Mine breaks down thusly:

b is for busy, which I am.
e is for electro. Which is awesome. Any word that starts out with electro is automatically bad ass. Even Electrolux. See? Bad ass.
n is for newt, as in eye of it.
t is for my previous use of the non word, "thusly", which I used ironically even though I'm not a hipster.
c is for clever, which is what you folks thinking you can come up with a word starting with electro that isn't bad ass are trying to be. Just stop it. Not happening.
o is for O face. Because we've went a lot longer without some sort of sexual reference than anyone could have reasonably expected.
u is for undecennial, which means happening every eleven years. Or about as often as I post.
n is for nap time, which is what time is should be.
t is for my old neighbor Tim. His wedding lasted four hours due to all the interpretive dances. I think he did that to weed out his friends. It worked. Haven't seen him since.
e is for electro again, because it's just that awesome.
r is for ridiculous, which is kinda self exclamatory.
s is for sucks, which describes most things.
h is for hate. Nearly as common as carbon, more deadly than poison and as sad as anything you've ever heard of.
a is for aerometer, because you can weigh your farts with one if you're talented.
f is for fanfaronade which is a grandiose trumpet blast and just somehow fits.
t is for time which I am out of.

Im not going to lie, I know you as bentshaft. I like that name better. ;)

cdtsnap... well as im not creative enough with names cdt is my initals and snap, well cdtdroid (from XDA) sounded a bit stupid and geeky.

Old family name dating back to the 1500's. The rough translation means "he who fights battles with sarcasm and wit."
Mmmm, a few pages back weren't you ' my name means prowness in the bedroom' ...so are you fighting those battles at the same time or before the bedroom prowness?
Nancy

Ok, my name is obvious but there is a story there! Our parents gave us lots of good stories.
My mom just passed away in 2010 (and dad in 1986)

but 'Nancy with the smiling face' was a Frank Sinatra song in 19xx. So my parents are standing in line for tickets to get into Frankie Baby concert in some hall, around the block in cold weather...8 months pregnant....
(this is starting to sound like the old ' I walked to school 5 miles, uphill both ways..')
and this guy comes down the line and says to certain people, ' c'mon with me, you need a seat.' Soldiers, older people, pregnant people....
so he sings, 'Nancy with the smiling face' that night, and bam, I was Nancy :') I do my best to keep up the 'smiling part' pretty well.

Please DO NOT WRECK THIS STORY for me and tell me that song wasn't written until after ..... 1956, a very good year :)
I used my maiden name next in case someone recognizes it, but geez, my graduating class was only 126!

ok, too much info. This is a fun topic, thanks for thinking of asking it,
Nancy, with the smiling face :)

Most reactions

Back