What's your ailment?

Meysha said:
Biggest pain for me at the moment (litterally and figuratively) is this strange problem with my lungs. Sometimes it feels like someone stabs me in the chest and it really really hurts for about a half minute but it feels like forever. Apparently it's something like pluracy (sp?) but it's not that. And then after the half minute I'm fine again and it's as if nothing happened.

Oooh and hello mentos... didn't recognise you there with that different avatar!
I had something odd with my lungs a short time ago. A week or two ago in fact. It felt like there was a lump on my throat, I've had that sensation on and off for a while. Then it started to hurt when I inhaled now and then. That progressed to hurting all of the time when I inhaled. Next was a sore throat. Oh, almost forgot the blood when I blew my nose in the morning. Seems to have almost cleared up now. I've no idea what was going on. In total it must have hurt to breathe for about a month.

geez....bless all you guys... :heart: I've never had anything physically wrong with me. I wear glasses and have blown a knee out while backpacking, so it tends to flare up now when I work out a lot.... but it seems pretty trivial compared to some of this stuff. :shock:

Healthy as a weed, basically. :blushing: And I don't take it for granted! :thumbup:

Hmmm...long list for me, sorta, but not as long as some of yours.

When I was in 2nd grade, I had a polyp removed from my colon. The testing for that was probably one of the worst things a 2nd grader should ever have to endure. The actual surgery wasn't too bad, though.

In 4th grade had tonsils out, after having several severe sore throats that took me out of school for several weeks at a time.

Had asthma all through childhood, and still mildly have it now.

Starting in 8th grade I started to have knee problems..big ones. My knees would dislocate if I pivoted or stepped wrong. Lost count of how many ambulance rides I had (they were too far out for me to pop back in myself, I tried). Lots of pain, lots of money, three doctors, 3 surgeries between the two knees (one didn't work) and months and months of physical therapy..and they no longer pop out, but I have arthritis (and it can get kinda bad sometimes, and will continue to get worse the older I get).

I'm somewhat lactose intolerant (but I don't listen to my body, I love milk)

I have some undiagnosed things, too...something with my stomach...can't handle certain foods sometimes, like lettuce. And I have something wrong with my blood sugar, or my thyroid maybe...not totally sure, but if I go very long without eating, I get really sick and weak, and it's almost like I'm drunk.

John E. said:
Hey spriralout, I was working with the innuit in the arctic I asked one Innuit rangers "how the hell do you find your way around here". The landscape all looks the same to me for 360 degrees around. One of the tips he gave me was to walk a few minutes, and look behind you, that way you can find your way back.

"Look behind" became my mantra. Before I lock that car door, my keys are in my hand and I look into the car. When I finish a job I look behind to make sure I haven't forgot anything, even if its a simple job. When I shoot a site I look behind, ecteria, I think you get the picture. At work I am always multitasking ( extremley ADD unfriendly) I keep notes and review them every couple of hours and before I leave work I triple check everything. "Look behind" is all I have to remember, Good luck Hope this helps.

I've picked up something sorta like that. Every time I get out of my car, now, I jingle my keys. I haven't locked them inside my car since! Of course, that doesn't stop me from running along the beach with keys in the really shallow pockets of my swimming trunks. :er:

core_17 said:
And I have something wrong with my blood sugar, or my thyroid maybe...not totally sure, but if I go very long without eating, I get really sick and weak, and it's almost like I'm drunk.

Sounds a LOT like hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). You might want to get that checked. If you start feeling funky, have a small piece of candy then snack on peanuts for a bit. The sugar will bump your blood sugar back up and the protein in the peanuts will keep you from crashing again. Been there, done that. :hugs:

photogoddess said:
Sounds a LOT like hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). You might want to get that checked. If you start feeling funky, have a small piece of candy then snack on peanuts for a bit. The sugar will bump your blood sugar back up and the protein in the peanuts will keep you from crashing again. Been there, done that. :hugs:

I know...that's what I've sorta 'diagnosed myself' with for a while now...and if I could afford it (no insurance) I would have it checked. Right now, I'm trying to change my eating habits totally and it really seems to be helping. I'm eating a lot more fruits and vegatables, and making my portions of the good tastin stuff smaller, and more infrequent. I've been feeling that dizzy drunk feeling when I'm hungry a bit less now..hopefully it will continue to be this way.

Most reactions

Back