What's new

when would I need a 50mm prime lens?

also it would be worthwhile to note that prior to looking into the 50, I've had my eyes set on the fisheye ef 15mm/2.8. I just dont know if I want to save the few bucks and put it towards the fisheye, which I feel I might get more use out of. What do you think?
I would rent a fish-eye for a couple of days and play with it. I think you'll find they are neat for about a week, then you run out of things to do with it regularly.

I would get more use out of a macro lens than I would a fish-eye. But that's just me.
 
I use it as a makeshift macro (since I do not have one)

Please tell me what is the makeshift macro? I have the kit 18-55mm kit lens with my Canon 450D. Can I take macro shots with this?
 
Very cheap when compare with other lens but get trouble with camera such as D40/40X/60 the auto focus can not work . You have to use manual focus instead . When apply to a camera that have the sensor size 1.5X will become 75 mm.f/1.8 lenses 're convenient for to take good portrait picture. ;)

lovedigital

http://lovedigital.blogspot.com
 
I love my 50mm, but would love the flexibility of 24-70, just don't have the money or justification yet to get one. The 50mm is great practice so when that day comes, I won't have that big of a learning curve to tackle.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom