Where are the pentax people? Post your favorite pentax photo

There's some terrific photos on here. The love for Pentax is great!

There are issues with this, but I just keep coming back to it for some reason...Pentax KII with HD DA 15mm...

There's some terrific photos on here. The love for Pentax is great!

Welcome, our numbers are few, so always glad to see another Pentax user.

Going retro, and film on this one. SF-1, Pentax 35-70 zoom. This is exposure number one from a brand new one in 1987. Saw the smoke a mile away, and raced to the scene in time to get behind these three firemen fighting a tire fire. Titled appropriately enough:
Into The Smoke

Into%20The%20Smoke%20-%203_zpsbu8qlc64.jpg

scene in time to get behind these three firemen fighting a tire fire.

And not an SCBA on any of them, wonder if any of them are still alive today. Can't say much as there was a time when I would have probably been one of them up front. Might be part of the reason for the breathing problems today.

scene in time to get behind these three firemen fighting a tire fire.

And not an SCBA on any of them, wonder if any of them are still alive today. Can't say much as there was a time when I would have probably been one of them up front. Might be part of the reason for the breathing problems today.
30 years ago, a lot of firefighters didn't use SCBA, not like is mandatory today. I followed them into the area, and the wind was blowing away from us, so I never gave much thought to the smoke. Saw a number of odd things, like an acetylene tank that had blown its valve, and had a nice flame shooting from the tank.

0 years ago, a lot of firefighters didn't use SCBA, not like is mandatory today.

30 years ago "real firefighters" thought it was "unmanly" to wear one. LOL They were Smoke Eaters. We have department rules regarding when they are to be used, and still we catch a few not putting them on when they need to, especially when they are not going into a building.

I've seen a lot of things I don't care to see again. If you ever see a BLEVE you will develop a healthy respect for gas cylinders real fast.

Last edited:
This photo taken by my Asahi Pentax spotmatic F

Attachments

• 000043 resize.jpg
    000043 resize.jpg
    552 KB · Views: 218
40025503074_1ea990858e_c.jpg

Taken at NorthStar raceways with my Pentax ist DL SLR with a Tamron 70-300 telephoto lens @ f8/90th sec. I got pretty good at panning the camera... the racer was going about 80 kilometers/hour and I was about 50 feet from the edge of the track.

I still use this camera/lens. I like the fact it takes loose AA batteries so I don't have to worry about proprietorial batteries in the future. I like my Tamron lens too... it does not have the glass of a top of the line Canon telephoto lens but it is every light in weight and takes a decent picture. I can take 400 pictures at a race and feel no fatigue. Also it has a pseudo Macro(1:2) and I use the same lens for pictures of insects... a very versatile lens.

Reactions: pez
@lynxear nice! There are a few of us on here who crossed over into the light. LOL I think I've got a K1000 somewhere in a drawer that I haven't used in ages. Have a ZX M that I use on occasion, a K30 that I use occasionally, and a K3II that is the primary for now. Have my heart set on the updated K1.

@smoke665 Thanks.. at one time I used to do a lot of Go-kart racing pics... people liked them because of the effect of the blur.

To show you how versatile that Tamron lens is in the pseudo-macro mode, here is a picture of a dragonfly eating some kind of other fly. When I showed it on an insect website there was some speculation as to what it was eating by the details of the wing :)

247471658_a07014353e_o.jpg

Not bad for a hand held pic with the Tamron 70-300mm lens in macro mode. This is a hand held picture (insects often don't have the courtesy to pose long and this is a cropped photo . I have owned this lens for 15 years and still works well.

Most reactions

Back