Where are the pentax people? Post your favorite pentax photo

...this early May in the playground down the street.
Pentax IQ Zoom120Mi and FP4

IQ120-3-012e1s.jpg

Chinese Lantern Festival Ft. Worth Arboretum
33509989608_33bd2a6366_h.jpg

Reactions: pez
Here's a recent one from my Pentax 67. Sorry for the poor scan.
20200727_201913.jpg

I've all sorts of favorites, but the ones I have close at hand are from my K-70(tamron 70-300 tele-macro) I call "The Good Man", one from my PZ-1P(Lake Perez) using Kodak Pro100 using a 50-200 WR and one from my MX(Monarda) using Kodak Pro100 and a SMC 30-70 lens.
IMGP4181.jpg
000544650011_InPixio.1.jpg
000536710035.jpg

Shot at 4 a.m. with a Pentax LX in "available moon". Kodak P3200 film pushed to 12800 ISO and developed accordingly. Exposure (hand held) of 1/8th of a second at F2.5 with a Tamron 180mm F2.5 SP lens. Technically, one of the worst images I have ever had published, but one of the ones I am most proud of. The officer here was apprehending two suspects in a series of convenience store robberies in Talladega, Alabama.

44807361_1916347925109731_8802201840092446720_n.jpg

I don't care at all about the technical failings. This is the image of a lifetime for any photographer.

The mix of fear and determination in the officer's face and posture, is contrasted by the man on the ground, looking at whatever it is the officer is facing.

Just wonderful. My congratulations and admiration to you.

I don't care at all about the technical failings. This is the image of a lifetime for any photographer.

The mix of fear and determination in the officer's face and posture, is contrasted by the man on the ground, looking at whatever it is the officer is facing.

Wow, thanks so much for your kind words. Much appreciated. I had a job interview with a guy who is now known for his failings as a photo editor in Florida, and he asked why I didn't use a flash and talked about the grain and all of the bad things in the image. My friend was the editor and wanted to know how the interview went (He wanted to hire me) and I told him thanks, but no-thanks. He asked me why and I told him I could not work under an idiot. Flash would get me killed in this situation. The photo editor was fired a few weeks after this and I assume they had just had enough of the stupidity that this guy had.

Wow, thanks so much for your kind words. Much appreciated. I had a job interview with a guy who is now known for his failings as a photo editor in Florida, and he asked why I didn't use a flash and talked about the grain and all of the bad things in the image. My friend was the editor and wanted to know how the interview went (He wanted to hire me) and I told him thanks, but no-thanks. He asked me why and I told him I could not work under an idiot. Flash would get me killed in this situation. The photo editor was fired a few weeks after this and I assume they had just had enough of the stupidity that this guy had.
I agree- awesome shot! Back when the police carried 8 in. .357 magnums!

Yup. The officer here is named Leon and while most of the officers carried 9mm Glocks, He carried (I think) a S&W 357. more accurate and if you have to shoot, shoot for real. If I remember correctly, this was shot around 1989.

Once again, thank you both. I appreciate the kind words.

Shot at 4 a.m. with a Pentax LX in "available moon". Kodak P3200 film pushed to 12800 ISO and developed accordingly. Exposure (hand held) of 1/8th of a second at F2.5 with a Tamron 180mm F2.5 SP lens. Technically, one of the worst images I have ever had published, but one of the ones I am most proud of. The officer here was apprehending two suspects in a series of convenience store robberies in Talladega, Alabama.

View attachment 197810

Wow this is great. Brings back some not so nice memories though. In the mid 70's during my newspaper years, our county finances didn't provide for a forensic photographer, so I occasionally got called to assist on my end of the county. One that still haunts my memory was documenting the crime scene of a man who'd been stabbed about a dozen times with a large butcher knife (still in his back).

View attachment 197810

Wow this is great. Brings back some not so nice memories though. In the mid 70's during my newspaper years, our county finances didn't provide for a forensic photographer, so I occasionally got called to assist on my end of the county. One that still haunts my memory was documenting the crime scene of a man who'd been stabbed about a dozen times with a large butcher knife (still in his back).
His wife must have been somewhat peeved.

Most reactions

Back