Where are the pentax people? Post your favorite pentax photo

Shot at 4 a.m. with a Pentax LX in "available moon". Kodak P3200 film pushed to 12800 ISO and developed accordingly. Exposure (hand held) of 1/8th of a second at F2.5 with a Tamron 180mm F2.5 SP lens. Technically, one of the worst images I have ever had published, but one of the ones I am most proud of. The officer here was apprehending two suspects in a series of convenience store robberies in Talladega, Alabama.

View attachment 197810

Wow this is great. Brings back some not so nice memories though. In the mid 70's during my newspaper years, our county finances didn't provide for a forensic photographer, so I occasionally got called to assist on my end of the county. One that still haunts my memory was documenting the crime scene of a man who'd been stabbed about a dozen times with a large butcher knife (still in his back).
His wife must have been somewhat peeved.

Wasn't his wife, a gruesome perverted tale, that's best left in the past. Created a lot of fear in the community, as the butcher knife was one of a half dozen or so taken during a grocery store break in the night before.

Reactions: pez
He asked me why and I told him I could not work under an idiot. Flash would get me killed in this situation. The photo editor was fired a few weeks after this and I assume they had just had enough of the stupidity that this guy had.

Or it might have gotten the officer killed. At very least, it would have made your name mud with the police department, and rightly so. You're right. That editor was an idiot.

Shot at 4 a.m. with a Pentax LX in "available moon". Kodak P3200 film pushed to 12800 ISO and developed accordingly. Exposure (hand held) of 1/8th of a second at F2.5 with a Tamron 180mm F2.5 SP lens. Technically, one of the worst images I have ever had published, but one of the ones I am most proud of. The officer here was apprehending two suspects in a series of convenience store robberies in Talladega, Alabama.

View attachment 197810

Wow this is great. Brings back some not so nice memories though. In the mid 70's during my newspaper years, our county finances didn't provide for a forensic photographer, so I occasionally got called to assist on my end of the county. One that still haunts my memory was documenting the crime scene of a man who'd been stabbed about a dozen times with a large butcher knife (still in his back).

I hear ya. In small towns, the police rely on the news photographers for a bit of help, and I always gave it to them when asked. I DID have one "funny" experience... this 92 year old man was fishing and died where he sat, still holding his pole. The police asked me to assist with photos, which I gladly did, and when they took the fishing pole out of his hand, he had landed a small bass. One of the investigating officers looked at the other and said "well, there you go! He caught a fish and got so excited about it, he had a heart attack...". Everyone looked at him and said "genius, Sherlock...". pretty funny. For those of you who don't think this is too funny, you need to keep in mind that when people work under stressful conditions, it's their release valve.

View attachment 197810

His wife must have been somewhat peeved.

The guy being arrested? Sure. The officer's wife was quite proud of him and I actually made her a print of this and some out-takes as well. They are good people.

My wife and daughter swinging and singing at the playground, summer of 1974, taken with a Super Takumar 55mm f/2 on a Pentax S1a, probably using Ektachrome 64
Kris and Claire swinging and singing.jpg
, and scanned with an Epson V500.

Most reactions

Back