Where do I start?

Andytill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I bought a cannon EOS 500N with a 28-80mm lens and a Vivitar flash and took my first photos at the weekend. First time I've used film, first time I've used a camera which isn't a cheap pocket digital. I took a few photos this weekend (can't link due to lack of posts?) not that good but wasn't too disappointed. So far I'm looking at buying a tripod and a longer lens anything else you guys can recommend? :)

Welcome! There's lots of things to recommend, but it really depends on what you enjoy photographing and what direction(s) you want to go with your work. Just toss four quick replies into this thread and you'll have enough to post a thread.

Thanks I might just post some I like this messages on some photos in the gallery. I mainly enjoy photographing animals and landscapes I suppose not a great fan of people photography if you had any suggestions on what kinda gear apart from a tripod I might need :)

From what I'm understanding around here, you want to invest in a good tripod since it will stay with you, and take some abuse while your at it. Really, typically since your going around doing landscapes, and critters.

Do you want to give us a budget? Or there is no real limit?

Ah yeah... the budget well I'm a student just taking this up as a hobby so It's not massive :lol: I'm looking at a 75-300mm lens on ebay at the moment hoping it goes cheap :confused: how much will a mid range tripod set me back? And is my 28-80mm lens I got with my camera wide enough to do a decent landscape?

Most reactions

Back