where do you find fresh ideas?

Ooo, I'm getting a Border Collie next week. They are such great dogs! Have anymore shots of that event?

Here's a few more
562495971_oyH4N-L.jpg

562495396_cezpX-L.jpg

562496980_SiMVf-L.jpg
562612398_p2b5Y-L.jpg

@gsgary that is a great shot! I love dog photos, this reminds me of my crazy australian shepard. I just write down things that I dream about, to get fresh ideas.

I usually try to take a common object and make it look interesting....rusty cans or even shiny new ones...any object that is an interesting shape or reflective quality or combination of things. Then I pick an unusual angle and add some light or shoot in the window light. Play with the focus a bit. Just start. That's what I've discovered. If you just think about it nothing can happen...so go start!!!

darn it I'm sticking this thread on ignor before he gets to mention that....thing...again......

;) ;)

I just try to pick an ordinary object and make and try to make it interesting.....the thing is you have to start...then stuff begins to happen and you begin to create, so go start! Pick something and get you camera in front of it...use window light or a clamp lamp....have fun

Take a pic of anything. I saw a car hauler on the side of the road with nothing but new vettes. I took the picture and went into photoshop and started playing. I ended up making the whole pic in black & white and kept the vettes in color and I was amazed how good it looked. Point is take a pic and make it your own and see what you get.

Sometimes i just sit at my computer desk and snap shots of different items..notebooks, pens, markers, tacks, glass of soda, etc. Of course i rarely get anything exciting out of them..but every now and then i get something cool..And best of all, its practice. Ill move my desk lamp around a bit to get different shadows or light...
Pets and kids are always fun.

WOW!!! Thank you for ideas! I never thought of looking on Flick and I really like the idea "one picture a day" - this will also help me see the progress overtime! And otehr ideas are very very good too! Thank you all! You inspired me!

:heart: where do you find fresh ideas?

Sometimes just sitting thinking about nothing really.... and then it hits you like a ton of bricks.

interesting-angle-toilet.jpg

:lmao:​

The weather has been very bad lately so I do not really want to go outside.

2 trashbags, one with 3 holes(for yourself) and one with one hole(tape it around your lens hood :D

cant really think of many photographic situations improved by rain .!

Waterdrops.jpg

I usually browse flickr with something I'm interested in or look at some local photographers sites or... go to barnes and noble and check out some PUBLISHED photography :)

Most reactions

Back