Where do you find the time ?

Well... long story short... I am dealing with some health issues related to a Cancerous Brain tumor that I had when I was young. This is keeping me unemployed atm . Besides that I don't have kids... So time is not the issue for me. Its mostly motivational and financial.

I can undertsand the moticational and financial as I just had surgery with an 8 day stay in the hospital. But I have noticed as I recover more I really am dieing to get back out an shoot but it is just not an option at this point.

I am sorry to hear of your health issues. I wish you both the best of luck.

Jewely
First, do not worry about other people, it is hard enough to worry about one's self. This woman you mention is not worth 1 second of your time. FORGET about her.

When I was younger, my children and work took up just about all of my time, it is part of having a family. Money was an issue as well. If you feel the need to shoot, try to find ways to incorporate your family into the photos, and small stuff around your house (or where you live). Become creative, it will only help when the family grows and time for photography becomes more available to you. Not only will you grow in photography, your family doings will be well documented.

Why don't you leave the kids with the father for the day and go out and take your time shooting because you will never get motivated and get good shots when you have to snatch moments to shoot

I can't answer for her, but for me the answer to that is my husband's crazy schedule. He works for the federal prison and is usually at work til the wee hours of the morning and sleeping in the daytime to prepare for the next evening/night.

Why don't you leave the kids with the father for the day and go out and take your time shooting because you will never get motivated and get good shots when you have to snatch moments to shoot

I can't answer for her, but for me the answer to that is my husband's crazy schedule. He works for the federal prison and is usually at work til the wee hours of the morning and sleeping in the daytime to prepare for the next evening/night.

and my kids just would rather hang out with me then their dad...but I have to admit...he's probably a lot nicer to be around...lol, I'd rather hang with him...lol

LOL! No joke. I'm the disciplinarian and he's the one that lets them get away with everything, yet they want me. NOoOOOoooo! Leave me alone! :D

Seriously though, as a housewife, don't you sometimes feel like that?? Leave me ALONE! I don't want to do anything for ANYBODY but myself for a whole day... shoot, just even an HOUR!

Schedule the time. Literally. When my son was younger I'd often find I never had time for my stuff (whatever it was as I asn't into photography then) Even though I realised I needed "me" time, I'd say oh I'll squeeze in a few hours on the weekend. It never happened. Weekend comes and goes and guess what? It was all about the family. It's not about being selfish, it's about living a little the full life you want. I'm not suggesting 5 hrs a day here, but even if it's 2 hrs on the weekend. Every weekend. Write it down on your calendar - 8am-10am Sunday is photography time. Makes it easier to stick to it.

yea , my husband works swings so when hes is home he is a slept and lazy :lmao: and probably grumpy lmao but when we do have time it is not the right time of day etc etc blah blah lol i think i need to just take my camera more and relax there will be a time when i get to do all that

well that says it all...we should just say...enough...and take some time for ourselves!

I can't complain because my hubs is all for me taking pics...hell he got me the camera! And T.Toes...ya...I say it..."leave me the heck alone" and that is usually when Im in the bathroom and even then I can't get 4 mins alone! My guilt eats me alive so I feel like I should be with the kids 24/7.
When my son was 6mo old I got seriously sick and was in a coma for 2 months, and ended up in hospital for 4 months with several months of rehab after to learn to walk again...I think thats why I feel like I can't miss a second of the kids...but at the same time...for THEIR mental health...they should probably back off me for a second or two...cuz I get real mean :confused:

oh yeah and the best part is....I want to take pics of the kids and they get mad at me!!!! and yell at me and tell me to stop! it's a no win.

[
LOL! No joke. I'm the disciplinarian and he's the one that lets them get away with everything, yet they want me. NOoOOOoooo! Leave me alone! :D

Seriously though, as a housewife, don't you sometimes feel like that?? Leave me ALONE! I don't want to do anything for ANYBODY but myself for a whole day... shoot, just even an HOUR!

HAHA I always think to myself god help me if i ever do get time alone cause i probabaly would just sleep instead of anything productive or creative:lmao:

[

HAHA I always think to myself god help me if i ever do get time alone cause i probabaly would just sleep instead of anything productive or creative:lmao:

LOL!

hey did you guys ever think about looking into your area's photography clubs?
I'm going to join the one here in DE because they offer classes, field trips and plus you go to a meeting like once or twice a month at night where they talk about diffent aspects of photography and whats new and so on...the best part...it's only 20 a year for the 1st year! and 35 after that...I can't wait to go, it will be my mommy time, but it be constructive..not like hanging out with the gals ordering girly drinks with pink umbrellas that cost 8 bucks a pop! :thumbup:

Kind of in the same boat as bus rider. I normally draw and paint, but I don't have the energy to see any of it to completion, and photography is a nice outlet. And the photo club I am in at school regularly schedules exhibitions around my city, and participating in those keeps me going. I discovered Blurb last night as well, and I'm going to put together a small photo book / story just for something to do.

I always feel like im way to busy to shoot anything with 2 kids all their activities and taking care of my home , im a housewife and never have the time ,, do you all schedule time or bring you Camera everywhere or just when you plan on going somewhere ,,, i havent held my camera for anything but point and shooting my kids stuff in months its sooo depressing im starting to OVERLY edit my old photos just to feel like i have something new :( anyway just wondering when you take photos for you ,,, i know alot of you do it as a job but im talking about the ones you take for you

ps..... this sounds snotty but is it wrong of me that i want to invite a girl that i know who think shes the most amazing photographer around here to get knocked down a few feet , i mean dont get me wrong shes great and talented and young so she has sooo much potential but she just is a bit too cocky lol i dont know maybe im just mean :lmao:

as for finding time to shoot for yourself you relly just need to sit down and plain for it nuthing more to that and I know this from exsperinc thar wasint a time so long ago that I cudint get any time to to just go down to my studio(AKA my converted basment) and shoot so I looked at my calender and plaind to shoot in advans but that only worked for me becuse I didint have to worry about kids and stuff like that so it mite be harder for you and asfor that girl you know I say do it becuse if you dont sumone els will I new sumone vary simaler and I didint say anything to her but when she got denide to a art school becuse what she thout was great work ternd out to be absalut ****

As a full-time Nursing student, Full-time Mom of a 3 year old and stay at home mom ('house-wife') I can relate. There is always time to please everyone else--but yourself it seems.

One of the things that works great for me is driving. I'll pack up my kiddo, get a good coffee drink and just drive around the city enjoying being out of the house. Looking for things and places that catch my eye. Getting out and taking action is a whole different story, since you cant randomly jump out and shoot with a child attached to your hip like we used to be able too. ( you know this feeling im sure..lol) So, i make plans and goals... and go back on my other halfs day off :)

There are lots of things you can do *in-Home* too... most of the time, due to finances, time or weather (being 120 degrees outside) i'll get stuck in the house. So just Improvise.. and make do with what you have. Get creative!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back