Where do you find the time ?

There's lots of things you can shoot at home in 1 hour, all you need is some imagination and some lights
Smoke
1058980014_BwDyG-L.jpg

water
1059954693_xD5SZ-L.jpg

There's lots of things you can shoot at home in 1 hour, all you need is some imagination and some lights
Smoke
1058980014_BwDyG-L.jpg

water
1059954693_xD5SZ-L.jpg

Ahh lighting something i would sell my left toe for !! one day one day

just have to make the time for yoruselfs. to all you ladies with husbands who work, why can't the husbands watch the kids for an hour or two. just because they go to work for 8-10 hours a day doesnt mean they don't have to spend time with the kids. me and my wife both work and we have a 5 year old that we mange to trade off watching when the other works later or i want to go out and golf or shoot pictures. you just have to get the other parent involved.

for those whose kids like to spend time with them. that is the best reason to get them with the other parent. im the disiplinarian as well and my boy is attached to my hip. he learned to pick locks at the age of 2 so most times i can't even go to the bathroom alone. kids like the disipline and consistancy and i think thats why he prefers me over the wife, but i make sure he spends time with her so we both get time equally.

if you don't take time out for yourself. nobody else will and you will just end up regretting it.

I shoot when I have time.
I am lucky enough that my job is enough of a creative outlet, that I am always creatively "satisfied." :D

Smoke
1058980014_BwDyG-L.jpg

water
1059954693_xD5SZ-L.jpg

Ahh lighting something i would sell my left toe for !! one day one day

You can shoot smoke with a cheap spot light you just have to flag it so no light goes on the backdrop

to all you ladies with husbands who work, why can't the husbands watch the kids for an hour or two. just because they go to work for 8-10 hours a day doesnt mean they don't have to spend time with the kids.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I like this. unfortunately, not all stay at home moms/wifes have that opportunity. Mine works 10-16 hours a day, sometimes until Midnight or later. But no better time to get out and look at the gorgeous city lights! :)

I have 3 kids, my husband is in Afghanistan. I find the time because if I didnt I would go crazy! It keeps me sane.
I bring them with me to shoots I tell clients ahead of time, we go to kid friendly places where I can keep an eye on them.
You find the time.

I have a two year old and a wife that likes for me to be by her side like...always lol. So I carry my camera EVERYWHERE. I even have it at work and take random shots for my co-workers. I try to get as much time as I can with it. My daughter if probably my favorite subject to shoot, but she is getting tired of cheesing. She gives me this look like, alright dad hurry up, take the picture. Haha.

blue

I have three kids and I'm just lucky that my wife is always cool with watching the kids any time I want to go out and shoot. She of course doesn't say anything when I'm actually working, but when I just want to go out and shoot something she's fine with it. Some clients want semi nudes (I promised her I wouldn't do full nudity work) and she's a little edgy about that, though.

...if you love it, you will find time for it.
I feel really bad for all you that have husbands at home that will NOT watch the kids for an hour so you can go have some time to yourself, an HOUR?
and you tell me your husbands don't get alone time, if they wanted to go play golf, or watch a football game, or go out to lunch with the friends?? They make time, don't they? lol
I'm telling you this from experience but the best thing you can do for your marriage and for your family is find alone time. Even if it is to take a 30 minute walk around the house, alone and shoot.

I understand crazy schedules, my husband is a radiologist, he is on call 24/7, he has been out of the house now for over a year, in Afghanistan for 7 months of that time, before he worked rotating 12 hour shifts, but damn sure I still made me time and so did he. It is important.

ok off my soapbox, so tonight when your husbands come home/wake up take 30 minutes away and walk around outside, I don't care if you live in an apartment or a neighborhood, you can find something to shoot.

I feel really bad for all you that have husbands at home that will NOT watch the kids for an hour so you can go have some time to yourself, an HOUR?
and you tell me your husbands don't get alone time, if they wanted to go play golf, or watch a football game, or go out to lunch with the friends?? They make time, don't they? lol
I'm telling you this from experience but the best thing you can do for your marriage and for your family is find alone time. Even if it is to take a 30 minute walk around the house, alone and shoot.

I understand crazy schedules, my husband is a radiologist, he is on call 24/7, he has been out of the house now for over a year, in Afghanistan for 7 months of that time, before he worked rotating 12 hour shifts, but damn sure I still made me time and so did he. It is important.

ok off my soapbox, so tonight when your husbands come home/wake up take 30 minutes away and walk around outside, I don't care if you live in an apartment or a neighborhood, you can find something to shoot.

Yeah I hear you...my husband def gets an hour if not more...he gets his skateboard park every sunday (I go along with the kids because we usually hit a park 1st) and we also have a half pipe in the garage so he can skate whenever he wants...plus he has a 40 chevy so he gets tinkering time with that as well.
I'd be comfortable saying he gets a lot of time to himself! and he does encourage me to practice and take pics, and hell he sometimes finds new places and even says "hey get that tree...but do it like this" ... I guess I shouldn't complain. I'll stop. He's great...it's these FREAKING kids!~ if I try to leave the girl stands at the front window and CRIES, the boy...he couldn't give two craps less, as long as he has some kind of game system readily available he's basically movable.
I'm just waiting for the horrible wind and rain to let up so i can go try this tree near my house, but it has to be at night...should prove to be interesting.

I don't leave home without my camera bag, to the point that it's a family joke

Yeah I hear you...my husband def gets an hour if not more...he gets his skateboard park every sunday (I go along with the kids because we usually hit a park 1st) and we also have a half pipe in the garage so he can skate whenever he wants...plus he has a 40 chevy so he gets tinkering time with that as well.
I'd be comfortable saying he gets a lot of time to himself! and he does encourage me to practice and take pics, and hell he sometimes finds new places and even says "hey get that tree...but do it like this" ... I guess I shouldn't complain. I'll stop. He's great...it's these FREAKING kids!~ if I try to leave the girl stands at the front window and CRIES, the boy...he couldn't give two craps less, as long as he has some kind of game system readily available he's basically movable.
I'm just waiting for the horrible wind and rain to let up so i can go try this tree near my house, but it has to be at night...should prove to be interesting.

And she will likely continue crying to get you to stay with her as long as it gets her what she wants. every person needs some time to themselves. let the dad console your daughter and get her mind off you being gone, while you go out and get some alone time.

And she will likely continue crying to get you to stay with her as long as it gets her what she wants. every person needs some time to themselves. let the dad console your daughter and get her mind off you being gone, while you go out and get some alone time.

:thumbup: will do!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back