Where to buy a NEW modern 35mm camera

Rct Tsoul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wanting to buy a NEW modern 35mm camera that is capable of holding the maximum sized roles of film, if you know a brand or model name, please provide a link, also need to be able to attach different lenses to be able to manually zoom in and out, thanks :)

Wanting to buy a NEW modern 35mm camera that is capable of holding the maximum sized roles of film, if you know a brand or model name, please provide a link, also need to be able to attach different lenses to be able to manually zoom in and out, thanks :)
New modern film camera? Nikon F6 or FM10.

Don't know what you mean by "maximum sized rolls of film" but here is a link of the only film cameras I know of that can be purchased new.
Nikon | Imaging Products | Film SLR Cameras Film SLR Cameras Film SLR CamerasFilm SLR Cameras

Of course there are many on eBay claiming to be "new other"... I am always skeptical when I see those.

Why specifically new?

You open up the floodgates of options when you buy used.

Concerned about used? Buy from a reputable dealer, and spend a bit for a CLA. You'll end up with basically a refurb'd camera that works just as good as new.

Wanting to buy a NEW modern 35mm camera that is capable of holding the maximum sized roles of film

The camera body of a 35mm film camera has absolutely nothing to do with how big of a roll of 35mm film you can put in it. The roll cartridges are all the same standard size. It's the cartridge that puts the limit on how much film can be in one roll.

Why does the camera have to be new? There are tons of great amazing older 35mm cameras out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The camera body of a 35mm film camera has absolutely nothing to do with how big of a roll of 35mm film you can put in it.

Errr... not really.

Lots of older pro-level 35mm bodies have bulk film back options. 250-frame backs are still available on the used market for both select Nikon and Canon bodies.

The camera body of a 35mm film camera has absolutely nothing to do with how big of a roll of 35mm film you can put in it.

Errr... not really.

Lots of older pro-level 35mm bodies have bulk film back options. 250-frame backs are still available on the used market for both select Nikon and Canon bodies.

What Sparky said.

Apparently, Nikon also made a 750-frame back. Holds and entire 100-foot roll.
Interchangeable Film Backs for Nikon F2 Series Part II

Don't ask me where you'd find one, of course ;)

But yes, a new Nikon film camera can be had, but the backs for bulk film loading would have to be bought used. And not cheaply either, it seems.

And I have to chime in with the others: why does it have to be new with a bulk film back?

I think OP is trying to do some aerial photography over farms or something; is afraid of laser pointers killing a DSLR. There was a thread but it seems to be gone.

Errr... not really.

And those are not "new" like the OP wants.

I'm not sure what the OP was asking or trying to do, but I wondered if he said the 'largest' size roll of film meaning the number of exposures, 36 instead of 24. Which of course fit in the same 35mm cartridge, so any 35mm film camera would take film with any of the standard number of exposures.

Spiralout why did you have to post that link?? now I'll start looking which can only lead to being tempted... ! lol

Errr... not really.

What Sparky said.

Apparently, Nikon also made a 750-frame back. Holds and entire 100-foot roll.
Interchangeable Film Backs for Nikon F2 Series Part II

Don't ask me where you'd find one, of course ;)

But yes, a new Nikon film camera can be had, but the backs for bulk film loading would have to be bought used. And not cheaply either, it seems.

And I have to chime in with the others: why does it have to be new with a bulk film back?

Derrel has one in his basement

Yeah, there are less than a dozen options out there for new 35mm SLRs. Another option is the Vivitar V3800. It uses Pentax's K mount, so there's glass abound for it.

The Panavision Millennium XL2 is a 35mm camera, still available new and it can use 1000 foot magazines.

01_XL_HERO_V4_0_SMALL_RGG.TIFF020911021011_0.jpg

Contact Panavision - Woodland Hills, California.

Most reactions

Back