Where to Buy Camera

circa808

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I posted a previous post on what to buy for a beginner, and thanks for all the replies. I have decided to go with a Canon T1i. Now I was wondering what the best online store to buy it from? Newegg, bhpotovideo? Please suggest something that'll give me best prices, and combo packages also. thanks

I like Adorama. B&H and Adorama are pretty much on the same level and I personally would say either of them are your best bet. I have experience with Adorama and they are just great over there!

Of course, there is something to be said about buying locally. If you don't support your local camera shops now and then, they won't be around when you really need them.

Of course, there is something to be said about buying locally. If you don't support your local camera shops now and then, they won't be around when you really need them.

mmm VERY true, but a camera body will most likely cost more locally than getting it somewhere on the internet. From my experiences at least

Adorama, B&H, KEH...

But DO NOT forget Newegg.

For items that Newegg sells, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, ships any faster, or has better Customer Service than Newegg does.

Don't forget your local craigslist - you can really find some deals there if you know what you are doing.

Good luck!

Personally, I go with Adorama. The customer service is absolutely amazing.

B&H is another good source. Between them, you will get the best price (that isn't an internet scam) and the best service.

I have had continued success from Amazon.com. Bought camera, lenses, accessories, Wacom tablet, etc. from them. Rapid response, free shipping on orders over $25, and lowest prices (they have always been lower than B&H or Adorama on things I've bought).

I would also check Amazon.com (Make sure the seller is reputable) and BuyDig.com (Beach Camera)

To save a bit more money you could also look at refurbished gear.

:thumbup:

I live in the second largest city in GA and all we have is two Ritz stores which have basically nothing. The only prime lenses they carry are the 50mms :(

If you're lucky enough to still have a real camera store in your area, definitely support it. When I was in the DC area, I hung out at a camera store that was somewhat more expensive than the big NY stores but the extra I paid them was more than repaid by the customer service.

They let me take out for a couple days any piece of used equipment I was interested in just so I could test it. And they saved my rear-end a couple times when I had problems with shoots.

Food for thought.

Personally, I go with Adorama. The customer service is absolutely amazing.

B&H is another good source. Between them, you will get the best price (that isn't an internet scam) and the best service.

I've been dealing with both of them since before the Internet existed and I've found both to be exceptionally ethical. For quite a while now, I've been dealing strictly with B&H because I've found their web site easier to navigate.

I think that you'll find that, because of the holiday, you can't order from either organization today.

Most reactions

Back