What's new

Where To Buy Used Gear

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
529
Reaction score
3
Location
Belleville, IL, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I use keh.com and Craigslist to find my used gear. Are there any other places you guys frequently use to get good deals and still get quality stuff?
 
I buy online from camera shops. I pay over the odds but the goods are as described and come with a warranty.
 
I use keh.com and Craigslist to find my used gear. Are there any other places you guys frequently use to get good deals and still get quality stuff?

www.photography-on-the.net has a huge classified section. It's a Canon DSLR website, but you can find computers, lighting equipment, and other non Canon things there. When I post stuff for sale, if normally moves fast.
www.fredmiranda.com FM seems to be a good spot to purchase from. I picked up some used studio lighting for a really good price.
 
E-bay
 
I use keh.com and Craigslist to find my used gear. Are there any other places you guys frequently use to get good deals and still get quality stuff?

www.photography-on-the.net has a huge classified section. It's a Canon DSLR website, but you can find computers, lighting equipment, and other non Canon things there. When I post stuff for sale, if normally moves fast.
www.fredmiranda.com FM seems to be a good spot to purchase from. I picked up some used studio lighting for a really good price.

How do you usually search these forums? Do you just look regularly for items that you want?
 
B&H Photo Video, and Adorama's used gear departments, KEH.com, plus private sellers on photography forums.

I also buy used gear from camera stores and private seller on Amazon.com.
 
I use keh.com and Craigslist to find my used gear. Are there any other places you guys frequently use to get good deals and still get quality stuff?

www.photography-on-the.net has a huge classified section. It's a Canon DSLR website, but you can find computers, lighting equipment, and other non Canon things there. When I post stuff for sale, if normally moves fast.
www.fredmiranda.com FM seems to be a good spot to purchase from. I picked up some used studio lighting for a really good price.

How do you usually search these forums? Do you just look regularly for items that you want?

Yes. You have to register for both of them to be able to use them, but I'll just go into the for sale section and search for what I'm looking for or just start browsing.
 
I have not been there, but I was told that Schillers camera locally in St. Louis has a used equipment section which is not too far from Belleville, IL.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom