Where to buy?

The D90 is plenty of camera for wedding work. You might want to get into full frame down the road, lots of wedding photogs wind up with D700's or 5D's. On the used market these cameras can be quite reasonable. I know Canon offers factory refurbs at great prices with warranties and they are basically new. You couldn't tell a refurb from a factory new side by side. I'm sure Nikon does the same thing.

But I digress.

The D90 would be a perfect camera to get into wedding photography with.

The D90 is plenty for a wedding job.....well, for the first camera. You are always wise to do a wedding with a backup body in case of some unforseen problem with your main body on the day of the wedding (can't re-do a wedding "shoot").

For portrait work, the D90 is plenty. Has commander mode for controlling flashes wirelessly, nice high ISO performance if the need arises and is a great overall camera. I've done a few portrait jobs with mine and have always gotten great results. I'm also doing a wedding in a few weeks with it and even though it's a new camera, I'm pretty nervous about not having a backup body.

Thanks for all of the fast responses guys, and all of the great info as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back