Where to look for used gear

sparelink

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Looking to get an upgraded lens from the kit lens I have for my D3300. Currently I'm thinking a sigma 17-70mm but all I see locally are 17-50mm. I also found a really good deal on a tokina 11-16mm. I really want both but not in the budget.

I just got back from a week and half vacation and could have used both a wider lens and one with a little more range then the 18-55 kit lens. I also wish I had a faster lens. I had a lot of shots both at 18mm and at 55mm. I do have a 55-200 but rarely use it and when I do it rarely go over 100mm.

The only place that I am been able to find lens locally is craigslist. I haven't seen anywhere else to look. Are there any good sites that have large used gear sections?

I heard for the USA KEH is very popular, since they have very good quality checks.

In germany, DSLR-Forum is the place to look for used gear ... much better prices and friendlier atmosphere than eBay.

And yes, with caution eBay is a place to look too. You better know what you're doing, though, so its a bad advice for newbies.

Looking to get an upgraded lens from the kit lens I have for my D3300. Currently I'm thinking a sigma 17-70mm but all I see locally are 17-50mm. I also found a really good deal on a tokina 11-16mm. I really want both but not in the budget.

I just got back from a week and half vacation and could have used both a wider lens and one with a little more range then the 18-55 kit lens. I also wish I had a faster lens. I had a lot of shots both at 18mm and at 55mm. I do have a 55-200 but rarely use it and when I do it rarely go over 100mm.

The only place that I am been able to find lens locally is craigslist. I haven't seen anywhere else to look. Are there any good sites that have large used gear sections?

I have both the lenses you're interested in. I definitely get a lot more use out of the Sigma 17-70. I buy most of my gear used/refurb. I've had great luck with Adorama, B&H and Cameta. I did buy used from KEH once and had to return the item (my issue, not their's) and customer service was excellent.

Anyone know of a sigma 17-70 f2.8 for sale? I haven't been able to located a Nikon mount one.

Most reactions

Back