Where to look for used gear

sparelink

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Looking to get an upgraded lens from the kit lens I have for my D3300. Currently I'm thinking a sigma 17-70mm but all I see locally are 17-50mm. I also found a really good deal on a tokina 11-16mm. I really want both but not in the budget.

I just got back from a week and half vacation and could have used both a wider lens and one with a little more range then the 18-55 kit lens. I also wish I had a faster lens. I had a lot of shots both at 18mm and at 55mm. I do have a 55-200 but rarely use it and when I do it rarely go over 100mm.

The only place that I am been able to find lens locally is craigslist. I haven't seen anywhere else to look. Are there any good sites that have large used gear sections?

spiralout462

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Solarflare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I heard for the USA KEH is very popular, since they have very good quality checks.

In germany, DSLR-Forum is the place to look for used gear ... much better prices and friendlier atmosphere than eBay.

And yes, with caution eBay is a place to look too. You better know what you're doing, though, so its a bad advice for newbies.

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking to get an upgraded lens from the kit lens I have for my D3300. Currently I'm thinking a sigma 17-70mm but all I see locally are 17-50mm. I also found a really good deal on a tokina 11-16mm. I really want both but not in the budget.

I just got back from a week and half vacation and could have used both a wider lens and one with a little more range then the 18-55 kit lens. I also wish I had a faster lens. I had a lot of shots both at 18mm and at 55mm. I do have a 55-200 but rarely use it and when I do it rarely go over 100mm.

The only place that I am been able to find lens locally is craigslist. I haven't seen anywhere else to look. Are there any good sites that have large used gear sections?

I have both the lenses you're interested in. I definitely get a lot more use out of the Sigma 17-70. I buy most of my gear used/refurb. I've had great luck with Adorama, B&H and Cameta. I did buy used from KEH once and had to return the item (my issue, not their's) and customer service was excellent.

OP
S

sparelink

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Anyone know of a sigma 17-70 f2.8 for sale? I haven't been able to located a Nikon mount one.

Most reactions

New Topics