Where to sell a camera online?

Marcus_l

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently received a Alpa Reflex 6c Camera with some different lenses and some other accessories. Could anyone tell me how much something like this would be worth or where I could possibly sell it. Thanks

Dinardy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Marcus_l said:
I recently received a Alpa Reflex 6c Camera with some different lenses and some other accessories. Could anyone tell me how much something like this would be worth or where I could possibly sell it. Thanks

Keep it and shoot it!

If in excellent condition maybe you could try eBay.

Sent from my iPhone

bratkinson

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I've sold 4 lenses on ebay, no bodies.. I like the 'wide coverage' of Ebay sales. People around the world can see it and bid or buy-it-now. That's the good news. The bad news is Ebay and Paypal (which is owned by Ebay) together charge about 11% or so on the ending price as fees. I neglected to 'notice' that and a month later and got an overdraft notice on my bank account when Ebay hit me for $145 of seller fees on a used Canon 24-70 f2.8L I sold there. So beware, Ebay is PRICEY as a seller.

You may want to consider Craigslist. I've sold a couple of non-photographic items there surprisingly fast. And it's free! But as it's limited-area coverage, there's a limited number of people that see the listed item.

As for valuation, I haven't a clue.

brunerww

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Marcus and welcome to the forum! I usually go to eBay to get my valuations and sell locally on Craigslist. No fees, and the only challenge is having to physically meet the person to make the sale. I have had 100% hassle-free experiences by meeting in public places and handling transactions in cash.

Here is the Alpa Reflex 6c page on eBay with a few cameras for sale that you can check your valuation against.

I was going to suggest the Buy and Sell section here on the forum, but I see that you have already listed the camera there :)

Hope this is helpful, and good luck!

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Last edited:

Most reactions