where to sell pics?

gonzalezmgt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3409/3434943642_8e944bc5e7_o.jpg <-- please click!

Hi all,

Fisrt timer here. Where can one try to sell a picture? I have zero experience but took a picture That in my inflated ego thinks someone might buy if it were framed.

I look forward to learning here. I use to be an actor but takes to much time and people. Need an art form that I can do with myself.

Thanks for your input
Michael
outofworkactor

Last edited:
There's a 'How to' guide pinned at the top of this forum to explain how to post images.

Where to sell them? Pretty much anywhere. There are stock photography 'sites where you can upload your images and if they are chosen by a client from among the tens of thousands of similar images, you will be paid a small amount, you can do custom work, portraits, weddings, materinity; if your image is specific to something, eg a great picture of a car, you could try and flog it to the manufacturer or local dealerships; you can check with local galleries to see if they will sell your work on commission, or you can do it yourself by setting up a stall at a local arts show.

or sign up for Smug Mug and wait for people to buy it off of there.

or go to your local market and have a go at selling them there

I just recently started using smugmug. As stated above. you will need the top account to sell. They allow for right click protection and allow you to password protect some galleries. plus there is no hassle with advertising when you want to send someone to view thier photos. It costs money to join, but the protection, layout, and unlimited storage pays for itself. Plus if the photograph is that good that will help as well.

Also, you get 5 dollars off if you use this coupon code bcSd7lEs74Stk. Good luck

Last edited:
I just took a look at your photo. Are you in the midwest? We saw quite a few ice storms when I visited family in Chicago. Nice picture.

gonzalezmgt,

You don't mention the size of the image. Have you had it printed yet? If not, what is the format? JPEG, TIFF, RAW? What are the pixel dimensions of the image? That will determine what size print can be made and will also constrain the costs to have the image framed.

I would have to agree with the two above statements, while it is a potentially interesting subject, the low resolution, out of focus, grainy, uniteresting angle/composition of it wouldnt sell in my opinion.

Anyway, check out Smugmug as said above.

Webs.com

Free to sell. Great user options.

Sarahtomlinphotography.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back