Where's the crock of gold?

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Rain and thunder in the evening when I noticed the sky looked yellow through the rain.
Thought I would risk getting wet when I saw this that had been screened by the tree outside my window.
rainbow-1.jpg

Ventured forth further outside to find the garden in shadow but a patch of light on Ely Cathedral through the rain
rainbow-3.jpg

rainbow-2.jpg

rainbow-6.jpg

A quick dash round to the farm at the back of my garden
rainbow-5.jpg

The light changing by the minute as the storm clouds were coming over. Fortunately all dried off without damage!

A crock of gold?

A crock of gold?

It's an old saying..."At the end of every rainbow you will find a crock of Gold"

OP - 2 and 4 are my favourites

I love 2! Very pretty.

very nice rainbow. I wonder, did you put on a UV filter and see if it went away...lol

My favourite is the third with the cathedral well to be seen.
The view from your garden KEEPS being stunning! :D

The second photo is my favorite of this set. Nice image you've got there.

It's funny, in the US, we refer to it as a "pot of gold" at the end of a rainbow... Yet at the end of a really bad day, we refer to the day as a "crock of sh!t."

1,2,3--all very good rainbow pictures! Much better than the majority of rainbow show I have seen.

Number two is the pick of the bunch.

Thanks for all your comments - as LaPhoto will confirm - I am really an old crock, well past my use-by date!
I don't think I have see a rainbow so bright as when I took the first, but it was on the edge of rain clouds and faded and the light failed so fast.

A crock is an earthenware pot or jar and many finds of ancient coins or jewelry have been found where it had been buried and hidden for safety centuries ago - hence the "treasure" of a crock of gold in legend or fairy tales. We were told that the fairies had buried a crock of gold at the end of the rainbow as children.

Most reactions

Back