joyphoto
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Aug 11, 2011
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- kolkata, india
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,
I am new in this forum and I am posting this thread to get your advices on my specific needs. I was thinking about buying a compact camera within the price range of $300-400 with manual control. My preference was Nikon P100. But, I learnt that the model is now discontinued by Nikon. Subsequently, I learnt about FujiFilm HS10, but got different feedbacks. Some are saying it's a good camera while others are telling me not to look for anything beyond Nikon or Canon (as they don't produce good pictures). Now, the choice that is left is Nikon P500 which is marginally less affordable than D3000. So, now, I am confused as to which camera to buy. Should I trust Fuji or should I buy P500? Will it be a good choice to buy D3000.
I don't have a lot of experience in photography; but I am really passionate about it. I am reading a lot of articles to learn about the different aspects. The DSLRs will not be too complicated to me. At least, I will enjoy playing with it. However, I am a bit worried about the baggage. Also, I can't invest on a good lens; at least not now.
My interest are in general travel photography, occasional night shots/ low light photography, wildlife, sports, etc.
Please help me!
I am new in this forum and I am posting this thread to get your advices on my specific needs. I was thinking about buying a compact camera within the price range of $300-400 with manual control. My preference was Nikon P100. But, I learnt that the model is now discontinued by Nikon. Subsequently, I learnt about FujiFilm HS10, but got different feedbacks. Some are saying it's a good camera while others are telling me not to look for anything beyond Nikon or Canon (as they don't produce good pictures). Now, the choice that is left is Nikon P500 which is marginally less affordable than D3000. So, now, I am confused as to which camera to buy. Should I trust Fuji or should I buy P500? Will it be a good choice to buy D3000.
I don't have a lot of experience in photography; but I am really passionate about it. I am reading a lot of articles to learn about the different aspects. The DSLRs will not be too complicated to me. At least, I will enjoy playing with it. However, I am a bit worried about the baggage. Also, I can't invest on a good lens; at least not now.
My interest are in general travel photography, occasional night shots/ low light photography, wildlife, sports, etc.
Please help me!