Netskimmer
No longer a newbie, moving up!
- Joined
- Jul 23, 2009
- Messages
- 1,392
- Reaction score
- 229
- Location
- North Carolina
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I posted a thread in the beginners forum a while back about whether or not calibration is necessary and came to the conclusion it was (or at least preferable). Now I am ready to put some money down and would like some advice on which of the following devices would be best for me.
I have a Samsung Twisted Nematic (TN) widescreen LCD monitor, I am nowhere near a pro, and I shoot pretty much anything and everything (or at least I try to :mrgreen
, though macro and nature shots are what I do primarily. Here are the four I am looking at:
X-Rite i1Display 2
Amazon.com: X-Rite i1Display 2 Color Calibrator for LCD, CRT, and Laptop Displays: Camera & Photo
Discontinued but reduced in price.
Datacolor Spyder 3 Express
Amazon.com: Datacolor DC S3X100 Spyder 3 Express: Camera & Photo
Datacolor Spyder 3 Pro
Amazon.com: Datacolor DC S3P100 Spyder 3 Pro: Camera & Photo
Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite
Amazon.com: Datacolor DC S3EL100 Spyder 3 Elite: Camera & Photo
The price difference is relatively small for all of them so if I would benefit from the most expensive Elite then so be it but I would rather not throw money away if I don't need to. If anyone else has any other calibrators in mind let me know, these just seemed to be the most prevalent.
I have a Samsung Twisted Nematic (TN) widescreen LCD monitor, I am nowhere near a pro, and I shoot pretty much anything and everything (or at least I try to :mrgreen
X-Rite i1Display 2
Amazon.com: X-Rite i1Display 2 Color Calibrator for LCD, CRT, and Laptop Displays: Camera & Photo
Discontinued but reduced in price.
Datacolor Spyder 3 Express
Amazon.com: Datacolor DC S3X100 Spyder 3 Express: Camera & Photo
Datacolor Spyder 3 Pro
Amazon.com: Datacolor DC S3P100 Spyder 3 Pro: Camera & Photo
Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite
Amazon.com: Datacolor DC S3EL100 Spyder 3 Elite: Camera & Photo
The price difference is relatively small for all of them so if I would benefit from the most expensive Elite then so be it but I would rather not throw money away if I don't need to. If anyone else has any other calibrators in mind let me know, these just seemed to be the most prevalent.