Which Camera do you recommend for me?

Leia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I am going to buy a new camera soon, and I was thinking of buying Canon G10 I've been told it's good for beginners and that it takes good pictures and videos, what do you guys think?

I don't care about the price, I just want a good camera that is easy to use and yet take great pictures and videos. I'd appreciate your answers.

Hi, I am going to buy a new camera soon, and I was thinking of buying Canon G10 I've been told it's good for beginners and that it takes good pictures and videos, what do you guys think?

I don't care about the price, I just want a good camera that is easy to use and yet take great pictures and videos. I'd appreciate your answers.

The G10 does get good reviews (for what that's worth). Whether it's good for beginners or easy to use -- well, in my view, nearly every camera out there is easy to use: if nothing else, you can always put it in automatic (aka "Green Box Mode"). It's perhaps a little on the hefty side, if that's a concern -- but not too bad. Overall it seems like a perfectly fine choice.

One thing -- the G10 shoots video, but doesn't shoot HD video. If that matters to you, the prior model (the G9) does shoot HD.

Otherwise, if money is not a concern, have you considered a DSLR? There are several of them now that take video, and the image quality will generally be better than the G10. Some of them are even in the general price range of the G10. This is perhaps controversial, but I also find an SLR a lot easier to use than a point and shoot...maybe that's just me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back